Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  34,329
Page 2419 of 2419 FirstFirst ... 1419191923192369240924152416241724182419
Results 24,181 to 24,189 of 24189

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

When my original tool wore out, forced into one of these. tried couple or three manual versions but none produced decent flares.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    When my original tool wore out, forced into one of these. tried couple or three manual versions but none produced decent flares.
    does this one work well —I will be needing a new one soon. Is it pneumatic ?
    Gerry's Junk...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

It works really well once you get accustomed to it.

Ordered a trailer cover, on Oct 5th, from KapscoMoto in Ajax. They had it in stock and shipped via UPS on Oct 7th with tracking. Got an email on the 8th that it was delivered to my front door at around 1:30 pm. Funny thing was, my wife and I were home and nobody came to our house. Contact the seller and they have UPS open an 'investigation'. UPS calls me to confirm no parcel received. Here we are two weeks and counting...

Anyone go through this BS, before? I've ordered stuff from all over North America and this the first(thankfully) time this has happened. Can't believe they lost a parcel in such a short distance...

I’m convinced it’s something different in the lines more than the tools. I have the same manual tool for 20 years. Never used to be a problem but recent years the line wants to split or flair is uneven.

I had found a good amount of oil on the threads and the part of the line I’m trying to flair really helped with the manual tool.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    does this one work well —I will be needing a new one soon. Is it pneumatic ?
    it's hydraulic, and awesome. I have one also.

I also have an Eastman flaring tool which is also good but only for bench use.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenLips View Post
    it's hydraulic, and awesome. I have one also.

I also have an Eastman flaring tool which is also good but only for bench use.
    nice!
    Gerry's Junk...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4MarkVIII View Post
    I’m convinced it’s something different in the lines more than the tools. I have the same manual tool for 20 years. Never used to be a problem but recent years the line wants to split or flair is uneven.

I had found a good amount of oil on the threads and the part of the line I’m trying to flair really helped with the manual tool.
    No doubt in my mine current lines are crap

With increasing amount of brine on our roads combined with so few vehicles being oiled yrly, lines are a very common job.
    It's a 2012 Soul, built in late 2011. The underside is amazingly clear considering I've only had it sprayed once or twice. Actually the first time I've ever had a line go and I've had cars that were way crustier than this one.