And why....

They have so many sister vehicles...

Silverado/Sierra

Tahoe/Yukon

Traverse/Acadia

Which would you pick and why?

No I'm not buying one I'm just curious.

Are there even that many differences?
    '23 F150 Screw 4x4 3.5L TT Powerboost (Avalanche Grey)
    '21 Explorer ST 3.0L TT (Atlas Blue)
    '14 Mustang GT 5.0L (Oxford White) 4Watling memory car
    '11 Mustang GT 5.0L (Race Red) 8.92 @ 154 mph
    '89 Mustang LX 5.0L (Blue Flame) H/C/I

To me, other than the badges and some interior markings they are the same. Way back in the day you could tell the difference between a Cutlass, a Monte Carlo, a Grand Prix, and a Regal by the just looking at them, even if you removed all the badges. Today, not so much.

GMC pickup. Chevy are ugly. everything else on them is exactly the same.

Depending on the yr, flipped back n forth between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse View Post
    Chevrolet or GMC?

And why....

They have so many sister vehicles...

Silverado/Sierra

Tahoe/Yukon

Traverse/Acadia

Which would you pick and why?

No I'm not buying one I'm just curious.

Are there even that many differences?
    They all have square wheel wells so they are all ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANGWOP View Post
    They all have square wheel wells so they are all ugly.
    The newest ones are back to being more rounded:

I was talking about it again last night, if I was NOT a Ford F150 person, I would have a very hard time deciding which other one to pick.

I've had a couple Ram Classic's as rentals and didn't like them. A couple close friends have Ram Sport and Ram Limited and they love them.

I have such GM deep seeded childhood issues, but a couple of the GM trucks look pretty good. The interior just seems like it's still the same parts from 1988.

On a side note, I was told by a couple uber drivers in Quebec that the newest Chevy Blazer full EV is heads and tails amazing, way better than TESLA and very trouble free. 400+ KMS and no issues. Same can't be said for the other GM EV's the Cadillac lyric etc.

It's a very dysfunctional GM relationship.

it's marketing. you can't have a Chevy dealer selling a GMC truck nor can you have a Buick Dealer selling a Chevy truck. The vehicles are, for all intents and purposes, identical. Just marketing.
    This of course started many decades ago, in the late 40's i believe, and it's been that way ever since. At one time, Chrysler had Fargo trucks as well as Dodge, and Ford had Mercury branded trucks as well. They were similar to their brethren as well, but the model lineups mimicked their corporate cousins. In 2009, when GM shut down Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Saturn and Hummer because of overlap, it would have made sense to shut down GMC as well, but i suppose the powers that be executives decided it was a good idea not to.
    1971 Avanti II,
    '89 Coupe, , 22 Bronco sport
    '21 Bronco 4-door, 22 Mustang vert
    '18 Ecosport, , 96 Mustang GT vert

I think electric cars is a thorn in the side for car dealerships. I can't see much need for a shop other than to replace batteries in the future. Right now the Ford EV battery replacement is high but that will change I'm sure over time. All other EV's, the replacement is much cheaper than what is heard online. My f150 had 237,000 on it and starting to throw codes and the tranny sucked. It was a good truck for 5.5 years I owned. I didn't even touch the brakes. It was a shame to trade it in because the body was mint the frame was mint and the interior was nice. Still had a lot of years left in it —BUT to replace the engine and tranny I would think a minimum of $20,000.00 (not much different and even more than some battery transplants). I'm not like a person who just quit smoking. I don't have a hate for gas, I'm still working with gas engines. But I'm just not comfortable with modern ICE engineering (another topic)

Driving an EV is much different than an ICE car. If you like performance, I'm not sure EV is the way to go. But if looking for a practical daily driver I think EV is the way to go. When I got the Mach E they had hydrid F150's there but the coyote I owned put a sour taste in my mouth and I wanted nothing to do with a Ford ICE. We did get the the Escape Hybrid and it came with the 2.5ltr instead of the 1.5 turbo Ford offers. 75% of the Escapes driving so far has been mostly battery so I'm thinking the engine should last a long time.

I know this doesn't answer your original question, but you did bring the EV into the equation so I'm offering my 2 cents. Maybe I will revisit Don's question in my past post on the Mach E (How do you like it?) and give a bit of a review. I'm up to 3000K on the clock now. I also want to point out I am a little worried about winter driving with the Mach E but they've been around a while now so not too worried.

If your looking for a new vehicle keeps us post —I too have been admiring the GM's. In the past I think GMC was considered the work version of Chevrolet but I always thought the GMC's looked better.
    Gerry's Junk...
    1979 Pace Car 302 4spd
    1981 Cobra t-top option - power to be determined, in the works

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    I think electric cars is a thorn in the side for car dealerships. I can't see much need for a shop other than to replace batteries in the future. Right now the Ford EV battery replacement is high but that will change I'm sure over time. All other EV's, the replacement is much cheaper than what is heard online. My f150 had 237,000 on it and starting to throw codes and the tranny sucked. It was a good truck for 5.5 years I owned. I didn't even touch the brakes. It was a shame to trade it in because the body was mint the frame was mint and the interior was nice. Still had a lot of years left in it —BUT to replace the engine and tranny I would think a minimum of $20,000.00 (not much different and even more than some battery transplants). I'm not like a person who just quit smoking. I don't have a hate for gas, I'm still working with gas engines. But I'm just not comfortable with modern ICE engineering (another topic)

Driving an EV is much different than an ICE car. If you like performance, I'm not sure EV is the way to go. But if looking for a practical daily driver I think EV is the way to go. When I got the Mach E they had hydrid F150's there but the coyote I owned put a sour taste in my mouth and I wanted nothing to do with a Ford ICE. We did get the the Escape Hybrid and it came with the 2.5ltr instead of the 1.5 turbo Ford offers. 75% of the Escapes driving so far has been mostly battery so I'm thinking the engine should last a long time.

I know this doesn't answer your original question, but you did bring the EV into the equation so I'm offering my 2 cents. Maybe I will revisit Don's question in my past post on the Mach E (How do you like it?) and give a bit of a review. I'm up to 3000K on the clock now. I also want to point out I am a little worried about winter driving with the Mach E but they've been around a while now so not too worried.

If your looking for a new vehicle keeps us post —I too have been admiring the GM's. In the past I think GMC was considered the work version of Chevrolet but I always thought the GMC's looked better.
    Lots of good info there. I drive a Powerboost F150, it's the second one, I had a 3.5 eco before that and three coyotes before that. The powerboost is flat out amazing, but the second powerboost has had a string and I mean a string of TSB's and recalls. The truck has been at the dealer weekly from Jan to June, but I think (knock wood) I'm past all that now. It's been 2 months and some very long trips and all good. It takes patience, my dealer only has literally one guy that works on the powerboosts, and he had to go to headquarters a few times to figure out what was happening. He also had a lot of frequent days off, so my truck would be there two days at a time some weeks. I'm happy to say, it's been all good now, but others around me were chirping about it. I held faith. On a trip to Florida I made it there in 2.5 tanks of gas. The powerboost makes a huge difference and tows like there is nothing there.

As for a full EV, I just won't do it. not in a pick-up truck, not yet anyway. The Silverado Full EV, is similar to the new Hummer, I think I would try that one before any Lightning, I think they are horrible.

I also don't buy the Mach E is everything it could be just yet. Quebec has the largest government rebate on the EV's but apparently that ends this Dec.

I agree an Escape hybrid is likely a great choice. I think we are at Hybrid peak period, full EV I still don't trust it. I know people in Vancouver (lots of EV's) but when they go down the coast to California, they take gas vehicles to be safe. local commuter an EV works. In California they already tell people days not to charge their cars.....wtf......

GMC was supposed to be the "professional grade" GM vs Chevy, but I don't see any differences anymore. I think I used to prefer GMC, but now lately, I think the Chevrolet has the slight edge in looks.