Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  34,241
Page 2415 of 2415 FirstFirst ... 1415191523152365240524112412241324142415
Results 24,141 to 24,144 of 24144

Thread: Post whatever is on your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZR View Post
    Docs had a look under the hood today n gave me the thumbs up for surgery in early Oct. Looking forward to getting this shoulder fixed up.
    I was looking into shoulder surgery myself. I've instead went with periodic injections of synthetic joint lube. There are several flavors but I go with Monovisc. I do get relief. I have a torn labrum, joint/cartilage thinning and arthritis. Lasts 12-24 months. I'm still very active, lift, and do other shoulder intensive sports at a high level. I'm 62 and don't think I'll heal like I used to.

My friend did get surgery and was out of action for about 6 months. He's super diligent, didn't miss a single physio appointment, did physio at home, used the shoulder cooling device for swelling and now has good function. He was about 40 when he had the work done. I can ask who his surgeon was if you're interested.

Unfortunately significant tear that will never get better with risk of getting worse. Thankfully family doctor has been able to fast track the process and in for surgery early Oct. Surgeon says recovery time is all over the map, 100% individual with most optimistic being 3 - 4 months.
    I had a significant sledding accident last year followed by a tumble down the stairs a few months later that finished it off.
    New sled sitting in the trailer, hoping to be able to get out and at least putt around tail end of the season but if not it'll be there next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSN View Post
    How much are a pair of Leaf tickets?

If I had $4k spare change, I would do it.

edit: $450 for the Harvard sounds reasonable.
    I wouldn’t pay for leaf tickets. Either. lol

You’re right a lot of the other flights seem more reasonable. Wonder if the Lancaster is so much cuz it’s still newish or just the requirements are that much more due to size or pilot requirements.

They said the am flight we missed was a training flight.

You pay by the engine

…that, and it’s pretty rare.
    -Don____________