Remove Text Formatting

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: supercharger bracket bolts

supercharger bracket bolts

hey everyone i have my king cobra im working on and i have added the vortech from my coupe i had a 204 cube small block built with an x cam. I have gone all out and done arp stainless 12 points on everything and i wanted to do the supercharger bolts the same anyone done this yet arp says they dont make 6 inch bolts anyone know where i can get nice 12 point stainless bolts that will match for the backet hardware?

Didn't ARP have an option to special order bolts and made to order?
    Maybe in old days but worth a try and ask?

Or buy longer n trim to fit.

i would do that 100% but arp rep on the phone i called direct told me they dont make anything longer then 5 inches

Try some of the industrial suppliers like Grainers, and other US factory suppliers here in Canada.
    A SS bolt that you need shouldn't be a big deal to get, just think outside the box - "automotive hot rodder " suppliers.
    They too have to "buy" there parts from manufactors that supply car factories, oil refineries and other companies that still make SS stuff in NA. because of the cost to produce fasteners inhouse is too high.
    Hope this helps.

i have called a bunch of my suppliers i deal with i can get SS bolts so far i have come empty handed for the 12 point in SS i have a couple more suppliers im going to try wanted arp so all matched due to my OCD but as long as they are similar i should be ok lol

Maybe a reverse engineering may be necessary. Go with whatever complete set you can get and take out the 12point SS and replace with what ever you can get.
    At least all will be matched, engine would be complete and run, best you can do.