https://www.ford.ie/support/how-tos/...iculate-filter

What is a Gasoline Particulate Filter (GPF)?
Gasoline particulate filters (GPF) are based on diesel particulate filter (DPF) technology and were developed to control particulate emissions from gasoline direct injection (GDI) engines.

Gasoline Particulate Filter Regeneration
Particles in the exhaust gas collect in the gasoline particulate filter causing a gradual restriction over time. This restriction is removed through a regeneration process controlled by the engine control system. The regeneration process converts the particles in the exhaust gas into harmless gases.

For more information on Gasoline Particulate Filter regeneration, please refer to your Owners manual or speak to your local Ford Dealership. (from Fords web page)

I have done a little research into this to verify what my buddy was saying and it appears it will be on some, maybe all 2024's. If you have purchased one check your owners manual. Of course the manual is only available online. You want to do this so you know what your car is doing when it regens and what maintenance it will require.

I've been considering buying a new Ford and may rethink this because of the headaches I've seen with the diesel emissions systems. I don't know if other manufacturers are following suit or if it is required now. A couple of pluses - cleaner air and maybe save the ICE.