PDA

View Full Version : Pierre Poilievre

Ponyryd
09-10-2022, 09:37 PM
Pierre Poilievre seems to be our best hope fellas, about damn time.
Discuss, but keep it civil to avoid BFF, you know who you are.

5.4MarkVIII
09-10-2022, 09:55 PM
Was glad to see. Hopefully he can overcome the media hits that are already started.

Ponyryd
09-10-2022, 10:17 PM
Media is mostly liberal, so yes, anything they think they can do to slander him they likely will. Hopefully he’s the real deal, and the majority of the voters/fringe minority will see past the media bs.

ZR
09-10-2022, 10:26 PM
Like a bunch of what he has to say. Most important part, can he take down Trudeau.

Scrape
09-10-2022, 10:28 PM
Pierre will get my vote for sure. Trudoh is an idiot.

ZR
09-10-2022, 10:33 PM
^ When did he get that smart?

Scrape
09-10-2022, 10:47 PM
Never did.

ZR
09-10-2022, 11:04 PM
Now yer talking.

Ponyryd
09-10-2022, 11:08 PM
Like a bunch of what he has to say. Most important part, can he take down Trudeau.

Well, he got re-elected somehow, then bolstered himself without our consent, if the Canadian voters are dumb enough to elect him again after that, the Covid mishandling, etc…..then there may be no hope for us as a nation. Some agree with his ways, I’m aware of that, but I really hope the majority are smarter than that.

Scrape
09-10-2022, 11:26 PM
Well, the ones still wearing the masks are his followers and the ones that are not can go tell Trudoh to go f himself.
Well, he got re-elected somehow, then bolstered himself without our consent, if the Canadian voters are dumb enough to elect him again after that, the Covid mishandling, etc…..then there may be no hope for us as a nation. Some agree with his ways, I’m aware of that, but I really hope the majority are smarter than that.

ChickenLips
09-11-2022, 07:19 AM

You're assuming he believes his own rhetoric. He's no dummy. Underestimating him and the machine behind him is dangerous.

Not agreeing with his policies or a general dislike for him, oh yeah.

ChickenLips
09-11-2022, 07:21 AM

the media is the enemy that indoctrinated the voters. The education system starts the process from K onward.

Whether or not it's skippy, the top candidate can expect full support from the taxpayer funded indoctrination machine.

Ponyryd
09-11-2022, 02:07 PM
the media is the enemy that indoctrinated the voters. The education system starts the process from K onward.

Whether or not it's skippy, the top candidate can expect full support from the taxpayer funded indoctrination machine.

This is true, but no matter how many times a “teacher” tells me the sky is not blue, I will always come to my own conclusion about it.

I understand what you’re saying though, and as a parent of 2 teens I find it quite curious how when I disagree with something the media or their “teacher” is pushing, they immediately tell me to stop, as if they know better simply because they’re told so.

We are in big trouble as a population, hopefully PP can help with this.

ChickenLips
09-11-2022, 02:25 PM
This is true, but no matter how many times a “teacher” tells me the sky is not blue, I will always come to my own conclusion about it.

I understand what you’re saying though, and as a parent of 2 teens I find it quite curious how when I disagree with something the media or their “teacher” is pushing, they immediately tell me to stop, as if they know better simply because they’re told so.

We are in big trouble as a population, hopefully PP can help with this.

use socratic method with the teens. The indoctrination shuns learning how to think. Asking Q's should elicit examination of the topic.

Pierre is our best shot at change in a positive direction. Not perfect but a good current option.

5.4MarkVIII
09-11-2022, 04:34 PM
What we really need is for members of all conservative groups is to stop with the in fighting and power struggle. Time to stand behind the elected leader and look to the big picture. We need members to stand up and speak out when the bickering starts.

ChickenLips
09-11-2022, 04:44 PM
What we really need is for members of all conservative groups is to stop with the in fighting and power struggle. Time to stand behind the elected leader and look to the big picture. We need members to stand up and speak out when the bickering starts.

It's in mens nature to be competitive. Expecting different is like wanting a cat, but one that barks. You don't get the cat without the meow.

Want a different style of "let's all get along while riding on unicorns in a world powered by fairy farts" and you'll get May or Horvath.

5.4MarkVIII
09-11-2022, 05:56 PM
It's in mens nature to be competitive. Expecting different is like wanting a cat, but one that barks. You don't get the cat without the meow.

Want a different style of "let's all get along while riding on unicorns in a world powered by fairy farts" and you'll get May or Horvath.

Disagree 100%

ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with being men. It has EVERYTHING to do with being professional and doing the job you were elected to do. Not fighting for personal gain.

The time to be competitive has passed. Petty bickering and backstabbing has no place. If a hockey player wanted to be captain but was not selected aid instead of focusing on the team he did everything in his power to make the captain look bad. He would and should be booted from the team.

ChickenLips
09-11-2022, 11:09 PM
Disagree 100%

ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with being men. It has EVERYTHING to do with being professional and doing the job you were elected to do. Not fighting for personal gain.

The time to be competitive has passed. Petty bickering and backstabbing has no place. If a hockey player wanted to be captain but was not selected aid instead of focusing on the team he did everything in his power to make the captain look bad. He would and should be booted from the team.

if he wasn't competitive he'd remain an MP or an even a lesser position. I'm not condoning or condemning, I'm simply observing. Today's infighters are tomorrow's Polievre's.

Assuming altruism from a politician, well that's hopeful.

From what i've seen his positions on various the topics in competition, are more favorable to my inclinations. Definitely not all, but who isn't flawed, misinformed or misguided on something.

When grocery shopping I vote with every item by way of my wallet. With Polievre or any other competitor you gotta buy the whole cart and hope on balance the contents agree with you. From what i see there's Vegemite in every cart and a cold 6 pack in some.

5.4MarkVIII
09-11-2022, 11:36 PM
From my observations. Over the last few years Polievre has been fighting. And outspoken. About Trudeau. Not at the competition in his own party. That’s why he won the vote.

ChickenLips
09-12-2022, 08:20 AM
From my observations. Over the last few years Polievre has been fighting. And outspoken. About Trudeau. Not at the competition in his own party. That’s why he won the vote.

I thoroughly enjoy Polievre in question period. He's very effective and persuasive when going after whoever is in his sights. He chose not to throw in his hat when O'Toole was selected. IMO he would have been the best choice in the last election over O'Toole. Hard to imagine how differently things might have turned out if he had stepped up then.

I'll admit to being smitten by PPC and threw away a vote on them. I liked their platform and thought they had a shot, which turned out to be a healthy dose of wishful thinking and confirmation bias. I think Polievre is popular with those inclined to vote blue anyway, preaching to the choir, and similar to my PPC tryst.

The last election showed how many people are still on board with captain haircut, which I found really surprising.

Low voter turnout is often cited as a measure of unengaged public. I'd postulate that uninformed voters are a bigger problem, voting based on CBC headlines and vote buying.

The Starship Troopers model of not becoming a citizen until contributing to society has merit. Switching from a payroll tax to paying taxes once a year in a lump sum will make you look at social (vote buying) programs in a different light. A big cold slap in the the face of watching tens of thousands of dollars evaporate from your account in one bite will educate a voter and induce investigation beyond a headline.

Maybe then voters would get educated and vote in my preferred direction.

Ponyryd
09-12-2022, 07:09 PM
^We need to stick together and not get distracted by the tactic of splitting our vote to benefit the libs, there should be one Conservative party, and anyone with conservative values, or a fully functioning brain should vote for that party only.

Here’s PPs wife with a few words, if anyone cares, each point is in English, then French, so it’s a bit hard to watch, but she speaks well and is pretty nice to look at.
https://youtu.be/kfhEHPku6AI

mavrrrick
09-12-2022, 07:25 PM
^^^she sounds like a very intelligent woman (3 languages). Excellent speaker…. Impressive. Maybe things will get better in near future for our country. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.4MarkVIII
09-12-2022, 09:15 PM
What PP needs to do now is select Lewis as his #2.

Gr8Stang
09-12-2022, 11:49 PM
Great to see PP win by a landslide. I like that he doesn't come from an entitled, trust funded background and that he had to work hard to make his way up through life like most of us. His wife shares a common upbringing. I'm hoping this makes him a wee bit more grounded then the clown we currently refer to as Prime Minister.

He's got a lot of work to do in many areas to restore our great country and get it back on track. First and foremost; get our natural resources working again to bring in wealth and get the countries debt under control while reducing the tax burden on the low and middle income earners and enable small business to flourish.

Gr8Stang
09-12-2022, 11:57 PM
I thoroughly enjoy Polievre in question period. He's very effective and persuasive when going after whoever is in his sights. He chose not to throw in his hat when O'Toole was selected. IMO he would have been the best choice in the last election over O'Toole. Hard to imagine how differently things might have turned out if he had stepped up then.

I'll admit to being smitten by PPC and threw away a vote on them. I liked their platform and thought they had a shot, which turned out to be a healthy dose of wishful thinking and confirmation bias. I think Polievre is popular with those inclined to vote blue anyway, preaching to the choir, and similar to my PPC tryst.

The last election showed how many people are still on board with captain haircut, which I found really surprising.

Low voter turnout is often cited as a measure of unengaged public. I'd postulate that uninformed voters are a bigger problem, voting based on CBC headlines and vote buying.

The Starship Troopers model of not becoming a citizen until contributing to society has merit. Switching from a payroll tax to paying taxes once a year in a lump sum will make you look at social (vote buying) programs in a different light. A big cold slap in the the face of watching tens of thousands of dollars evaporate from your account in one bite will educate a voter and induce investigation beyond a headline.

Maybe then voters would get educated and vote in my preferred direction.

Great point. Until a person feels the pain of a governments policy, they'll be apathetic to casting a vote. The last few years have reinforced to me how important it is to speak up, cast your vote and engage your local MP.

ChickenLips
09-13-2022, 07:29 AM
Overall, I’m hopeful on PP. He ticks a lot of my boxes. I will not ascribe to partisan politics of Trudeau bad and resist everything he does must be attacked. I will likewise not ascribe to PP and everything he does is good and must be defended.

Taking from Mark Freisens tweet;

https://twitter.com/MarkFriesen08/status/1569408187211849728

Mulroney signed the Sustainable Development Agenda in 92. Harper made it law in 2008 compelling Canada to report our progress in achieving the goals of sustainable development to an unelected, unaccountable foreign entity (the UN). Then Harper signed again in 2015. This a feeder to the WEF.

I think Freisen directly asked PP about his position on this and PP did not respond.

I don’t know how credible it is, but I’d like an answer to this.

PP is also on board with the whole global warming, climate change religion. I’d be happy if he was just paying this lip service, unhappy if he’s been indoctrinated. One means continued use of cheap, abundant energy, the other means emulating Germany’s energy policy.

If he’s just paying lip service that’s revealing in being two faced like any other politician. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t, but won’t rule out that PP may be genuinely principled.

I’m more inclined to regard any politician as a salesman. Ford is best because I’m selling Fords. If Fords aren’t selling then jumping ship to sell Chevy’s because they’re more popular. I’m not convinced PP isn’t simply selling what he thinks will sell best. I hope to be proven wrong.

Zutz2v
09-13-2022, 03:30 PM
Red or blue were being shovelled the same shit. We never got PP last election because he would have won. We’re just sheep. WEF is the one calling the shots. Great example is the EV BS. We all know it’s a joke but yet we’re being pushed forced and coursed in that direction. Those guys all have a a hand in the jar and they’re all making money.

5.4MarkVIII
09-13-2022, 04:30 PM
Unfortunately in Canada if your a conservative and run on views against climate change or in favour of pro life, gun ownership. Your won’t win period.

Ponyryd
09-13-2022, 11:39 PM
Red or blue were being shovelled the same shit. We never got PP last election because he would have won. We’re just sheep. WEF is the one calling the shots. Great example is the EV BS. We all know it’s a joke but yet we’re being pushed forced and coursed in that direction. Those guys all have a a hand in the jar and they’re all making money.

Yes, I fear this is the truth and there is no escape…not for us anyway.

Ponyryd
09-13-2022, 11:41 PM
Great point. Until a person feels the pain of a governments policy, they'll be apathetic to casting a vote. The last few years have reinforced to me how important it is to speak up, cast your vote and engage your local MP.

The main problem I see is that people don’t know the truth about many things, they only know what the media wants them to know. If it was a free and fair media, that would be great, but it’s not and we all know it. Many people don’t vote because they don’t know who stands for what nd they don’t trust the media, so they sit at home and watch the country go to shit. Some/many appear to be are happy about it though.

ChickenLips
09-14-2022, 12:02 AM
The main problem I see is that people don’t know the truth about many things, they only know what the media wants them to know. If it was a free and fair media, that would be great, but it’s not and we all know it. Many people don’t vote because they don’t know who stands for what nd they don’t trust the media, so they sit at home and watch the country go to shit. Some/many appear to be are happy about it though.

people aren't uncomfortable enough to educate themselves, yet.

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 07:23 AM

i had a friend who stopped talking to me a few years ago. didnt like my political views. they moved out of canada. and to a country that dose not have a media controlled by the Canadian government. he now shares as much conservitive news as i do. went from supporting Trudeau to hating him.

Stephen06GT
09-14-2022, 08:03 AM
i had a friend who stopped talking to me a few years ago. didnt like my political views. they moved out of canada. and to a country that dose not have a media controlled by the Canadian government. he now shares as much conservitive news as i do. went from supporting Trudeau to hating him.

So he switched flavours of Kool-Aid? Blind faith to any party is dangerous. There is good and bad in all their doctrines.

ChickenLips
09-14-2022, 09:41 AM
A typical conservative can have liberal friends. A typical liberal cannot have conservative friends.

Media and education systems do an effective job of vilifying conservative views.

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 10:02 AM
So he switched flavours of Kool-Aid? Blind faith to any party is dangerous. There is good and bad in all their doctrines.

If someone has passion for sports they are a sports fan. If someone has passion for car they are a car enthusiast. If someone has passion for politics, they are drinking the koolaid.

The difference is politics actually has a real impact on our lives and the future of our children.

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 10:05 AM
A typical conservative can have liberal friends. A typical liberal cannot have conservative friends.

Media and education systems do an effective job of vilifying conservative views.

I used to vote liberal. Had many forests who were more outspoken then I have ever been about their support for liberal or NDP. It never bothered me.

My views changed. It still never bothered me. As soon as I started talking about my change in views it bothered them. They condemned me and stopped calling.

Stephen06GT
09-14-2022, 10:33 AM
If someone has passion for sports they are a sports fan. If someone has passion for car they are a car enthusiast. If someone has passion for politics, they are drinking the koolaid.

The difference is politics actually has a real impact on our lives and the future of our children.

Is a Ford always better than a Chev? Are the Habs always better than the Leafs? Is one party always right and the other always wrong? Can there be no compromise? Can there be no working together for the common good?

Ponyryd
09-14-2022, 10:45 AM
Is a Ford always better than a Chev? Are the Habs always better than the Leafs? Is one party always right and the other always wrong? Can there be no compromise? Can there be no working together for the common good?

You’re really reaching here, but with regard to your question in bold, according to the Libs, no there cannot.

Stephen06GT
09-14-2022, 10:56 AM
You’re really reaching here, but with regard to your question in bold, according to the Libs, no there cannot.

Do you agree with everything the provincial Conservatives have done?

ChickenLips
09-14-2022, 10:56 AM

got an example of "working together for the common good" ever turned out? Exclude wars

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 10:57 AM

To ford fans ford is the best. To leaf fans the leafs are the best.

On a political scale over the last few decades the Conservatives have moved more Center. While the liberals and NDP have moved further and further left
Classical liberals are being called “right wing”
Someone yelled and swore at a liberal member and Trudeau condemned the entire right. A ctv reporter yelled and swore at PP and not one liberal said a thing. Trudeau refused to even listen to protesters and instead condemned them all as masoginists and racists.

You tell me if there can be any working together.

ChickenLips
09-14-2022, 11:21 AM
has hypocrisy ever been an effective counter argument?

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 11:30 AM

I know this wasn’t directed at me but I’ll answer anyway. ABSOLUTELY NOT. I have been VERY outspoken against ford and his covid policy’s.

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 11:31 AM

In terms of engaging in or in terms of pointing it out?

92redragtop
09-14-2022, 12:16 PM
Blind faith to any party is dangerous.

This is key - that blind faith is psychology of cult.

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 12:25 PM

Would this include refusing to acknowledge anything put forth by a person or source because you happen to disagree with something they have said that is completely unrelated to the information currently being presented……….just asking

ChickenLips
09-14-2022, 01:07 PM
In terms of engaging in or in terms of pointing it out?

in terms of changing minds.

Ponyryd
09-14-2022, 01:09 PM

That’s not in question here, but to no.
Should the same question be posted to liberals about the Liberal party?

ChickenLips
09-14-2022, 01:10 PM

Cults are another name for tribes. Blind faith is an extension of tribalism. Family is the first tribe. Tribalism is basic human nature.

Objecting to basic human nature is an exercise in futility, as is suggesting some idealistic solution. Take Marxism as an example

Ponyryd
09-14-2022, 01:10 PM

Yes, I fully agree. Cultist behaviour is rampant in the liberal/left, I’m sure that’s what you were alluding to-no?

Stephen06GT
09-14-2022, 02:02 PM

Ask all the posters in this thread.

Stephen06GT
09-14-2022, 02:34 PM
This is politics in a nutshell:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

and

"The grass is always greener on the other side".

and

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

https://youtu.be/WX_96uKZ7yQ

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 02:35 PM

Your correct. Calling out the hypocrites and then treating them just like they treat others only ever got me banned and threads thrown in the Bf.

Stephen06GT
09-14-2022, 02:39 PM
Your correct. Calling out the hypocrites and then treating them just like they treat others only ever got me banned and threads thrown in the Bf.

Glass houses.

92redragtop
09-14-2022, 02:47 PM
Would this include refusing to acknowledge anything put forth by a person or source because you happen to disagree with something they have said that is completely unrelated to the information currently being presented……….just asking

If their sources are dubious.....

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 02:48 PM
Glass houses.

Ditto.

92redragtop
Yes, I fully agree. Cultist behaviour is rampant in the liberal/left, I’m sure that’s what you were alluding to-no?

Applies to all sides where there is blind faith in a party, person, etc.

5.4MarkVIII
If their sources are dubious.....

In your opinion.

92redragtop
09-14-2022, 02:51 PM
In your opinion.

Some people may think National Enquirer or The Onion is a reliable/valid source - I guess in my opinion, they are not.

Stephen06GT
09-14-2022, 03:15 PM
Some people may think National Enquirer or The Onion is a reliable/valid source - I guess in my opinion, they are not.

Have you ever watched "Men in Black"?

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 04:12 PM

Please point me to one time someone used the national enquirer or the onion as a source here on this site.

Ponyryd
09-14-2022, 05:52 PM

Are you just in here to stir the pot and get this tossed to bff?
If you’re not adding anything relevant to the discussion please refrain from posting.

Ponyryd
09-14-2022, 05:53 PM
Applies to all sides where there is blind faith in a party, person, etc.

Yes, of course, so do you have a point, or just bored?
I literally said I agree with you.

Stephen06GT
09-14-2022, 05:55 PM
Are you just in here to stir the pot and get this tossed to bff?
If you’re not adding anything relevant to the discussion please refrain from posting.

Now that’s funny. :spitcoffee:

92redragtop
09-14-2022, 07:16 PM
Yes, of course, so do you have a point, or just bored?
I literally said I agree with you.

You asked a question ("?") so i responded.

92redragtop
09-14-2022, 07:18 PM
Please point me to one time someone used the national enquirer or the onion as a source here on this site.

Those are 2 examples in a universe of tens of thousands (or millions) "info" sources and some are reliable/valid and some less so, and different people use different sources from this universe.

ChickenLips
09-14-2022, 07:59 PM
is a fact not a fact if you don't like the source?

92redragtop
09-14-2022, 08:00 PM
I don't know - ask Alex Jones and Infowars about Sandy Hook.

Ponyryd
09-14-2022, 08:22 PM
You asked a question ("?") so i responded.

Yes, I asked a question in response to your initial post, which was extremely vague.

92redragtop
09-14-2022, 08:25 PM
Yes, I asked a question in response to your initial post, which was extremely vague.

Was it really?

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 08:45 PM
Those are 2 examples in a universe of tens of thousands (or millions) "info" sources and some are reliable/valid and some less so, and different people use different sources from this universe.

Ah so just more Bs you can’t actually back up. As I expected.

5.4MarkVIII
09-14-2022, 08:47 PM
Now that’s funny. :spitcoffee:

There is that glass house you were talking about?

ChickenLips
09-15-2022, 10:13 AM
We're all hypocrites to some degree, on some, or several things. Call it hypocrisy, call it cognitive dissonance.

My point is that pointing out someone else's hypocrisy doesn't change minds and isn't even moderately persuasive in changing minds (voter behaviors).

It is pretty good in reinforcing confirmation bias, (preaching to the choir).