PDA

View Full Version : Installing CM-4915 injectors on my 1989

Eastyorkstang
05-31-2022, 11:54 AM
Engines been sitting for about 10 years so he injectors will need rebuilding.
Have some CM-4915 also marked XL3Z-9F593-AA units new in the box.
Wonder what will happen if I install these?

ZR
05-31-2022, 11:56 AM
Don't have time to look up, do they spec out same as OE?
If not have your stockers cleaned n call it a day.
Have however seen em sit even longer than that and work fine.

Kennedy Ford SVT
05-31-2022, 12:31 PM
Those are the old Lightning 42 lb. green top injectors. CM-4915 is the Motorcraft replacement number for the XL3Z-9F593-AA Ford number, so they should be identical. Sold lots of those for upgrades back in the day when the price was cheap compared to aftermarket options.

EDIT:

Didn't fully read what you were trying to do. These would not be good replacements for the 19 lb./hr. factory injectors, going to 42 lb. would be for a heavily modded NA or a supercharged application.

Eastyorkstang
06-01-2022, 01:30 PM
Those are the old Lightning 42 lb. green top injectors. CM-4915 is the Motorcraft replacement number for the XL3Z-9F593-AA Ford number, so they should be identical. Sold lots of those for upgrades back in the day when the price was cheap compared to aftermarket options.

EDIT:

Didn't fully read what you were trying to do. These would not be good replacements for the 19 lb./hr. factory injectors, going to 42 lb. would be for a heavily modded NA or a supercharged application.

Thanks for the edit. I will look into rebuilding my old ones. Did you ever race a grey fox body with a triangle two tone paint job ?