PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to avoid car meets.

Mellow Yellow
04-29-2022, 07:35 PM
https://torontosun.com/news/crime/illegally-modified-vehicles-corralled-by-york-region-cops-at-car-meet

StAnger
04-29-2022, 07:49 PM
Fuck The Police.

ZR
04-29-2022, 09:02 PM
You can thank the growing group of those wanting the loudest of loud exhausts with cars that can't be driven over the slightest of speed bumps or have headlights that threaten to burn your eyeballs right outta your head all the while farting profusely out the tail pipes for the increasing pressure on the car hobby.
Those are the ones that can expect a fuck u out outta my mouth.

1BAD92LX
04-29-2022, 09:13 PM
I’m happy they are taking crap like that off the road. Cars like that ruin it for everyone else.
It’s not hard to make your car better, faster etc AND road legal.

LX89
04-29-2022, 10:38 PM
Ricers :choke:

I was in Port Credit on Wednesday and saw a 90-96 Nissan 300ZX which are good looking cars imo and this jerkoff had the extreme camber thing going on and a horrible sounding exhaust.

WTF is up with that extreme camber?
It looks absolutely retarded.

Zippy
04-29-2022, 11:11 PM
Nothing to worry about if your car is 100% legit.

ChickenLips
04-30-2022, 06:16 AM
to the average toaster driver loud pick ups, fart can imports, or thumpy muscle cars are all the same. I'd assume the majority of officers hold similar views.

The hierarchy of bad versus good enthusiasts only exists within the minority of drivers.

Expect to be viewed in a bad light.

RedSN
04-30-2022, 08:13 AM
…improper tires, mufflers, the absence of catalytic converters — an environmental hazard, heavy window tinting, improper lights, and vehicles without horns or brakes.
WTF? Please tell me this isn’t a new ricer trend?

5.4MarkVIII
04-30-2022, 08:42 AM
WTF? Please tell me this isn’t a new ricer trend?

I hope not. But then again have you seen how far they camber shit.

But I saw a Facebook post from another car club and someone there apparently knows some that were charged.

The “no brakes” was actually a charge for leaking brake line

Hearsay. But I mean eventually a leaky brake line would end up with no bakes. Lol

Uncle Buck
04-30-2022, 09:05 AM
I’m all for ticketing and pulling unsafe cars off the road.

Keep your mods tasteful and keep your car road legal and you should not have an issue. Unfortunately, some police, not many, but some, will still write tickets when they shouldn’t and some of the laws are not perfectly clear.

I must admit, this crack down is one of the reasons I went back to a classic ride. They tend to be admired by most.

Minaccia
05-01-2022, 10:56 PM
Every year at this time the police are posting about all the cars they are busting, it will all go away by June and we can enjoy our cars. If they wanted to they could ticket every one of us for something.

ChickenLips
05-02-2022, 08:30 AM
Every year at this time the police are posting about all the cars they are busting, it will all go away by June and we can enjoy our cars. If they wanted to they could ticket every one of us for something.

just like the CRA, if they stop to take a look they won't leave without a bite.

Gr8Stang
05-02-2022, 11:55 AM
So far no crackdowns like this here in Calgary that I'm aware of. Anyone ever experienced this @ an Ontario Mustang car meet? I know I haven't.

Stephen06GT
05-02-2022, 01:29 PM
I wonder if the police will show up at the Friday night meets in Mississauga?

Black Sheep
05-02-2022, 09:14 PM
^^^NOOOOO^^^

fast Ed
05-02-2022, 09:31 PM
They do come around there sometimes. I think they see that it's mostly an older crowd, and typically no cars present with obvious issues like silly camber settings and ride heights ... so they are generally polite and move on.

WidowrRacing
05-03-2022, 12:21 AM
I've heard some Police officers just stop in at local car meets while working to check out the cool cars.

MUSTANGWOP
05-03-2022, 06:40 AM
I've heard some Police officers just stop in at local car meets while working to check out the cool cars.

Lot's of really cool LEO's out there.
I have first hand experience, got pulled over for no front plate a couple years ago, the officer was more interested in my car and the "no drill" bracket for my front plate that was in my trunk. The officer wanted one for her car. Was told to have a nice day.

Gr8Stang
05-03-2022, 10:17 AM

Experienced that here in Calgary last summer when I was at a local meet. Came by in his SUV and cruised through with his window down and had some friendly banter about the cars.

hammerhead
05-03-2022, 10:29 AM
cops have shown up and also participated in some of our locals auto-cross events —no threat either way lol

Gr8Stang
05-03-2022, 10:34 AM
Lot's of really cool LEO's out there.
I have first hand experience, got pulled over for no front plate a couple years ago, the officer was more interested in my car and the "no drill" bracket for my front plate that was in my trunk. The officer wanted one for her car. Was told to have a nice day.

Nice! I imagine the conversation went something like "Oh sorry officer, I was at a car show and forgot to re-attach it". ;)

I had a similar experience, but BOTH my plates were missing. Had just purchased my 99 35th Anniversary Silver GT vert and taking it to Speedy Muffler on King St.in Oshawa to get the safety done. Was heading west on Bond St. and went to make a left turn onto a side street to go over to King St. and Durham's finest was on the opposite side of the street (entering Bond) and when I made my left, he was checking the car out...and saw no plate on the rear. Proceeded to drive with him behind me, made my left onto King St. and then another left into Speedy and he followed me right to the back of Speedy Muffler garage door entrance. Top was down on the car. He gets out of his car....walks up to ask where my plate was (all business) and then noticed my temporary plate (paper back in the day) on my windshield. Conversation immediately turned into "What an F'ing beautiful car, where did you get it, etc. etc." Too funny.

ChickenLips
05-03-2022, 10:54 AM
Nice! I imagine the conversation went something like "Oh sorry officer, I was at a car show and forgot to re-attach it". ;)

I had a similar experience, but BOTH my plates were missing. Had just purchased my 99 35th Anniversary Silver GT vert and taking it to Speedy Muffler on King St.in Oshawa to get the safety done. Was heading west on Bond St. and went to make a left turn onto a side street to go over to King St. and Durham's finest was on the opposite side of the street (entering Bond) and when I made my left, he was checking the car out...and saw no plate on the rear. Proceeded to drive with him behind me, made my left onto King St. and then another left into Speedy and he followed me right to the back of Speedy Muffler garage door entrance. Top was down on the car. He gets out of his car....walks up to ask where my plate was (all business) and then noticed my temporary plate (paper back in the day) on my windshield. Conversation immediately turned into "What an F'ing beautiful car, where did you get it, etc. etc." Too funny.

Like any other segment of society the representation of attributes will roughly reflect society. Of all the times I've been pulled over, only once was it to admire my car and remind me to attach my front plate. Most interactions were neutral, some petty and adversarial. My experience is that a friendly, enthusiast officer is in the extreme minority. I anticipate the worst and occasionally get a pleasant surprise. More importantly I strive to behave in a non attention getting manner. IMO exceptions do not make the rule.

Gr8Stang
05-03-2022, 11:10 AM
Like any other segment of society the representation of attributes will roughly reflect society. Of all the times I've been pulled over, only once was it to admire my car and remind me to attach my front plate. Most interactions were neutral, some petty and adversarial. My experience is that a friendly, enthusiast officer is in the extreme minority. I anticipate the worst and occasionally get a pleasant surprise. More importantly I strive to behave in a non attention getting manner. IMO exceptions do not make the rule.

In both cases, the police were doing their jobs; law enforcement. In Mustangwop's case, the officer could have issued a ticket but choose not to. In my case, I was legally entitled to be driving with no plates thanks to the temp license sticker.

Law enforcement, especially in Toronto/GTA is a tough gig these days. Not a career I'd ever want. Whenever I've been pulled over (a handful of times), I've always been cordial and co-operative and respected the officer and never had a bad interaction. Who knows what their last interaction was like? And behaving in a non attention getting manner, is a good idea....especially in the Mustang hobby. ;)

Gr8Stang
05-03-2022, 11:10 AM

In both cases, the police were doing their jobs; law enforcement. In Mustangwop's case, the officer could have issued a ticket but choose not to. In my case, I was legally entitled to be driving with no plates thanks to the temp license sticker.

Law enforcement, especially in Toronto/GTA is a tough gig these days. Not a career I'd ever want. Whenever I've been pulled over (a handful of times), I've always been cordial and co-operative and respected the officer and never had a bad interaction. Who knows what their last interaction was like? And behaving in a non attention getting manner, is a good idea....especially in the Mustang hobby. ;)

FishFinder
05-05-2022, 03:10 AM
crackdown will not stop people going overboard. police stop speeding cards every day. that doesn't stop people from speeding

Laffs
05-05-2022, 08:16 AM
crackdown will not stop people going overboard. police stop speeding cards every day. that doesn't stop people from speeding

Are you a bot?

MUSTANGWOP
05-05-2022, 09:18 AM
Are you a bot?

I would suggest a podiatrist :cool:

Minaccia
05-16-2022, 07:18 PM
I know some of those Police officers, lol.