PDA

View Full Version : To Fluid Film or NOT ?

CON VERT
08-18-2021, 09:38 AM
Looking for some input : Fluid film or Corrosion Free ~

As above, wondering if it is a good idea to have parts of the new VERT Fluid Filmed, ie, chassis, parts of the lower scissor section of the roof, inside's of all body panels.
I have an un insulated garage and it seems to attract some moisture during extreme temp & season changes, too the point that there is dew (moisture) on my car , mainly on the windows, but if its there its other places also ~

What's everyone take on the above, am I over thinking this, or is it worth the $$$,

BTW~ I will not do Krown anymore, had my truck done and with in months it was DRY, guy says to me, we'll get the dry spots on the next go round, I'm like WTF

Laffs
08-18-2021, 10:47 AM
Can't hurt IMO, preventing rust much better than fixing it later.

Also my garage floor sweats occasionally too. During the season changes I throw down a roll of Poly Vapour Barrier on the floor and park on top of that. Keeps the moisture off the car.

ZR
08-18-2021, 12:08 PM
Corrosion Free or nothin.

xeninworx
08-18-2021, 12:11 PM
Weird, my car is still wet from the Krown that I had done in November.

CON VERT
08-18-2021, 12:22 PM

I only see them at Can Tire, there is a place in Oshawa called Attention to Detail ? anyone use them ?

1986stangfan
08-18-2021, 08:54 PM

100% I used corrosion free for the first time last year and I have been very pleased with the results vs others or rust check and Koren that I have used in the past

1986stangfan
08-18-2021, 08:55 PM
I only see them at Can Tire, there is a place in Oshawa called Attention to Detail ? anyone use them ?

I had mine done in Bowmanville at CC tire on lake road

CON VERT
08-18-2021, 09:07 PM
Do they drill holes etc ?

Ponyryd
08-18-2021, 10:54 PM
If you aren’t driving it in the salt I wouldn’t worry about it, moisture won’t cause rust unless it’s constantly exposed to it for years…..crack the windows a bit and forget about it.
But no to fluid film, stuff works great but smells like ass, that’s the last thing you need.

1986stangfan
08-19-2021, 11:43 AM
Do they drill holes etc ?

They don’t drill any holes, the use factory access points and have long wands

RedSN
08-20-2021, 11:30 AM
Insulate and heat the garage.

<—-problem solver

True Blue
08-20-2021, 12:37 PM
You can't go wrong with either, Fluid Film or Corrosion Free.

CON VERT
08-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know if it is compatible with KROWN ? would like to get my winter beater re done also !

ZR
08-20-2021, 04:37 PM
If it was mine, vert I'd leave naked.

CON VERT
09-21-2021, 02:58 PM
My take on Corrosion Free, had it applied at a local dealer, they drilled holes where needed, ( I had it Krowned the year before but it was not done well ! ) it would have helped if the holes were drilled properly and in the right places the first time round also) took about 45 minutes & appears all areas were covered from what I could see, they toughly cleaned the windows etc and wiped up any over spray.
NOW for the not so good, the stuff is a bitch to get off your windows, I had to use a razor scraper and windex to get it off, & although they say it doesn't drip, it does, not as much as Krown but I've got drops on my driveway from it, I will up date a little latter after its been on the truck for a while, but also noticed that where it leaked out the bugs stick to it like glue !