PDA

View Full Version : hydrodipping

Zippy
12-10-2020, 11:28 PM
Has anyone had anything hydrodipped before?
pros and cons?

I'm thinking of having some stuff done but can't really find any info on longevity

And any recommendations for a shop is appreciated. thanks

Uncle Buck
12-11-2020, 09:56 AM
I remember Mrods had some valve covers done. He hasn’t been on the board for a while but he’s on FB sometimes.

mavrrrick
12-11-2020, 11:02 AM
I texted Mrods...see if he replies.

CON VERT
12-13-2020, 09:25 AM
Not dipping, but worth a look and price comparison ?

https://carbon-effects.com/?fbclid=IwAR2gmiRbrrUDkmCCPs5eDFCZozq-Dmc5aSgj779oVvII63yejacLJ_CJWE8

Laffs
12-14-2020, 11:37 AM
A friend and I did some wheels and engine parts on his Evo in a DIY Hydrodip kit several years ago.

We used automotive spray can base and clear on the project. It holds up and has worn just like painted items has. It was pretty straight forward to do it, cleanliness and prep is the major factor. It's very cool looking, but it's no where near as resilient as powdercoating. To me its best suited to things like interior trim pieces or small parts.

Zippy
12-14-2020, 08:53 PM
A friend and I did some wheels and engine parts on his Evo in a DIY Hydrodip kit several years ago.

We used automotive spray can base and clear on the project. It holds up and has worn just like painted items has. It was pretty straight forward to do it, cleanliness and prep is the major factor. It's very cool looking, but it's no where near as resilient as powdercoating. To me its best suited to things like interior trim pieces or small parts.

Thanks for your insight Laffs!

Laffs
12-14-2020, 09:14 PM
No problem.