PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Mach 1 Logo - How the Ford Graphics Team Modernized A Classic

Scrape
07-12-2020, 08:29 AM
From Mustang 6g. Very cool. Subtle.
DEARBORN, Mich., June 29, 2020 – While the design and engineering teams were busy making the all-new Mustang Mach 1 the most track-capable 5.0-liter Mustang ever built, Dave Mahoney, Ford design manager, and his team of graphic designers were obsessing about how to modernize its classic logo.

Mahoney and his team drew inspiration from their design colleagues – as they were working on the new Mach 1’s interior and exterior – who were writing a new chapter of Mach 1 history themselves by paying homage to the vehicle’s past while looking toward the future.

“From a brand standpoint, that vintage Mach 1 logo has such a classic look, there was a lot that we didn’t want to lose,” said Mahoney. “The unique letters, the outline – it was important to keep those features. What we did do is make it more modern, which really suits the new car.”

The graphic design team incorporated an updated, bolder sans-serif font to achieve a more modern look. The nod to the past comes largely in the form of the playful letter styling, which includes the easily identifiable down-sized lowercase “h.”

“When a nameplate like a Mach 1 comes back, you need to play up the heritage, but we didn’t want this to be a retro badge,” said Dean Carbis, Ford chief designer. “We wanted it to be modern, while still calling back to the original. I think the team nailed it.”

The updated logo appears in various places on the new Mach 1, including on the hood stripe, front fenders and rear appliqué, on the strut tower brace under the hood, as well as inside on the door sills, digital instrument cluster and center stack touch screen during vehicle startup. An etched dash badge shows the new logo along with every vehicle’s unique identification number.

The limited-edition 2021 Mustang Mach 1 will arrive in U.S. and Canadian Ford dealerships next spring.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-mach-1-logo-how-the-ford-graphics-team-modernized-a-classic.143798/

Zutz2v
07-13-2020, 01:52 PM
I want one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrape
07-13-2020, 02:13 PM
It is a very nice package! The track version I am sure will be the most desirable with the Tremec.

I want one

Zutz2v
07-13-2020, 02:16 PM
It is a very nice package! The track version I am sure will be the most desirable with the Tremec.

A regular 5.0 goes for just under 40 base package, think the mach will be closer to 50?

ZR
07-13-2020, 04:20 PM
To me, new Mach is overshadowed by the whole Mach E nonsense.

Zutz2v
07-13-2020, 07:00 PM
To me, new Mach is overshadowed by the whole Mach E nonsense.

I would agree if that’s what I wanted. But I rather a mach 1

FABMAN
07-13-2020, 11:29 PM
I really like the new Mach 1. The blue with the handling package would be a stunner.

R3troGT
07-14-2020, 06:21 AM
A regular 5.0 goes for just under 40 base package, think the mach will be closer to 50?

I believe it will be in the high 60th minimum.

Scrape
07-14-2020, 06:34 AM
The top dog version with the track package. Maybe one of our sponsors would like to chime in?

Zutz2v
07-14-2020, 06:42 AM

I don’t think so man, cause if that’s the case I’d go with a used GT350.

Zutz2v
07-14-2020, 06:53 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200714/da1856bf24ffa0708d7c945d3ed95a9b.jpg

This is the specs on the GT500.

The mach 1 is projected to have a 480HP with 420TQ

I don’t think ford could justify charging high 60s for that car out of the gate. IMO it would be stupid.

They discontinued the GT350 which had over 500 N/A for what ? Just to make a dumber down version of it for the same price ?

Laffs
07-14-2020, 08:47 AM
I'd bet it would be high 50s. Maybe low 60s.

Zutz2v
07-14-2020, 09:09 AM
Another 10k and you have a GT 500

Hotford
07-14-2020, 09:11 AM
From Mustang 6g. Very cool. Subtle.
DEARBORN, Mich., June 29, 2020 – While the design and engineering teams were busy making the all-new Mustang Mach 1 the most track-capable 5.0-liter Mustang ever built, Dave Mahoney, Ford design manager, and his team of graphic designers were obsessing about how to modernize its classic logo.

Mahoney and his team drew inspiration from their design colleagues – as they were working on the new Mach 1’s interior and exterior – who were writing a new chapter of Mach 1 history themselves by paying homage to the vehicle’s past while looking toward the future.

“From a brand standpoint, that vintage Mach 1 logo has such a classic look, there was a lot that we didn’t want to lose,” said Mahoney. “The unique letters, the outline – it was important to keep those features. What we did do is make it more modern, which really suits the new car.”

The graphic design team incorporated an updated, bolder sans-serif font to achieve a more modern look. The nod to the past comes largely in the form of the playful letter styling, which includes the easily identifiable down-sized lowercase “h.”

“When a nameplate like a Mach 1 comes back, you need to play up the heritage, but we didn’t want this to be a retro badge,” said Dean Carbis, Ford chief designer. “We wanted it to be modern, while still calling back to the original. I think the team nailed it.”

The updated logo appears in various places on the new Mach 1, including on the hood stripe, front fenders and rear appliqué, on the strut tower brace under the hood, as well as inside on the door sills, digital instrument cluster and center stack touch screen during vehicle startup. An etched dash badge shows the new logo along with every vehicle’s unique identification number.

The limited-edition 2021 Mustang Mach 1 will arrive in U.S. and Canadian Ford dealerships next spring.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-mach-1-logo-how-the-ford-graphics-team-modernized-a-classic.143798/

If they wanted to make the most capable track mustang ever they would have offered it with the 7 speed DCT trans option!!
They state that they upgraded a lot of cooling features even for the 10 speed auto, yet you can only get the performance pack option in stick only, so the rest of the Mach owners need to buy the base option and out fit to have the more aggressive look.

Fail Fail Fail, typical Ford BS, marketing scheme etc......

I should be able to order it the way you want it......

Laffs
07-14-2020, 09:32 AM

I'd be shocked to see a sub 90k GT500 sold in Canada. Also totally agree on above point. Should have come with new DCT trans thats a big miss.

Old Fart
07-14-2020, 10:22 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200714/da1856bf24ffa0708d7c945d3ed95a9b.jpg

This is the specs on the GT500.

The mach 1 is projected to have a 480HP with 420TQ

I don’t think ford could justify charging high 60s for that car out of the gate. IMO it would be stupid.

They discontinued the GT350 which had over 500 N/A for what ? Just to make a dumber down version of it for the same price ?

Is that US pricing?

newbiestangowner
07-14-2020, 10:23 AM
I'd be shocked to see a sub 90k GT500 sold in Canada. Also totally agree on above point. Should have come with new DCT trans thats a big miss.

Son’s best friend daddy paid list( cdn) regular gt500
Whatever that is- delivery pushed to September now with plant closures- was due to take delivery in spring pre-covid
Dealership here in Burlington

Laffs
07-14-2020, 10:28 AM
Son’s best friend daddy paid list( cdn) regular gt500
Whatever that is- delivery pushed to September now with plant closures- was due to take delivery in spring pre-covid
Dealership here in Burlington

I know a guy who paid MSRP as well. Was well over 100k with options.

Zutz2v
07-14-2020, 06:41 PM
Is that US pricing?

No idea, looks like it tho lmao

Scrape
07-14-2020, 07:28 PM
I have to admit that I like your thinking on this. I didn’t think further on this.
If they wanted to make the most capable track mustang ever they would have offered it with the 7 speed DCT trans option!!
They state that they upgraded a lot of cooling features even for the 10 speed auto, yet you can only get the performance pack option in stick only, so the rest of the Mach owners need to buy the base option and out fit to have the more aggressive look.

Fail Fail Fail, typical Ford BS, marketing scheme etc......

I should be able to order it the way you want it......

Armen
07-14-2020, 07:39 PM

A base GT500 in CAN is 94,000.

This Mach 1 will be priced between the Bullitt and the GT350, both which are discontinued, figure low 60's, my guess.

Zutz2v
07-14-2020, 08:07 PM
A base GT500 in CAN is 94,000.

This Mach 1 will be priced between the Bullitt and the GT350, both which are discontinued, figure low 60's, my guess.

That’s base model eh ?

Armen
07-16-2020, 08:21 AM
That’s base model eh ?

Yup.

http://www.torontomustangclub.ca/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21056&d=1594902029