PDA

View Full Version : I'm being HARASSED !

CON VERT
04-21-2020, 10:40 AM
Yup, ole grumpy himself is getting grumpier, I've f'in had it with ON STAR, & every other piece of shit that GM has to sell to you for a monthly fee, what part of (I am not interested do u not understand), I don't f'in care that my free subscription will expire unless I provide u with a credit card , that u can nail monthly so u keep track of the piece of SHIT that u just sold me ! and arrange maintenance appts, OH in case your in an accident they will send help. The best part is all the services offered by ON (pick your wallet clean) Star are always there, even if u don't pay you can still get thru to someone if there in an emergency, I am so glad I bought the embedded nav system.
There hasn't been a single day go by , 1 or 2 calls , e mails like they are free, personal addressed mail all to get me to join their service plans, anywhere from $15 bucks a month to $49.99 for the elite services !
How do u stop there assholes, they are worst than debt collectors, Sirus is another one that just doesn't give up , I didn't pay a lot of money to purchase a vehicle to be harassed !
:oldman::oldman::oldman::oldman::oldman:

Jack Raccoon!
04-21-2020, 10:57 AM
Wow. You forgot to yell "GET OFF MY LAWN!"...

Quicksilver
04-21-2020, 11:01 AM
Maybe that's why no other car maker has adopted an On Star-like system. They've had it for more than 20 years and no one else has even tried.
Glen, I'm sincerely sorry at how dissapointed you are with the new Cadillac. Once the dealer opens back up I hope they make it right.

CON VERT
04-21-2020, 11:05 AM
Wow. You forgot "GET OFF MY LAWN!"..signs.

Can u help out a brother and send me a few ! Thanks, G>

92redragtop
04-21-2020, 11:35 AM
I don't have a problem with mine - when we bought the car we had an introductory complimentary plan and I did not renew/extend so it just switched to some sort of basic plan (free but expired in 2019 for me).No one has been bugging me to renew on a paid plan or provide credit card. Cadillac also re-activated everyone's ONStar on a complimentary plan during the shutdown.

We are making OnStar† Crisis Assist services available to current Cadillac owners for a limited time. You get access to specially trained Advisors who are ready to help 24/7 during emergencies and other unexpected situations.

Old Fart
04-21-2020, 11:47 AM
^^^Weird...maybe your emails are NOT from Onstar?

Stephen06GT
04-21-2020, 02:06 PM
I would suggest you use "On Star" every time you get in the car. "Hey On Star, what time is it?" Hey On Star, what is the temperature?" "Hey On Star, how far to the nearest Tim's?" If they are going to bug you, you can bug them right back.

Foxstang
04-21-2020, 02:08 PM
I had lunch with one of the original engineers of that system... It was literally a room full of modems in the first start.

CON VERT
04-21-2020, 03:07 PM
^^^Weird...maybe your emails are NOT from Onstar?

ON STAR or GM as far as I'm concerned, all one in the same !

fast Ed
04-21-2020, 03:34 PM
Maybe shouldn't have bought a GM?? :)

Old Fart
04-21-2020, 03:41 PM
ON STAR or GM as far as I'm concerned, all one in the same !

What I meant was that the emails may be spam...not from GM or Onstar?

CON VERT
04-21-2020, 03:52 PM
I am hoping not to be regretting my decision ~

Maybe shouldn't have bought a GM?? :)

Das 5.0
04-21-2020, 04:20 PM
I got emails for my 2019 GMC when it stopped after 3 months ....no calls and didn’t renew it but still get monthly emails from on-star that gives me a report . Have to say it’s 100 times better then Mercedes because the square heads are years behind. ( I’m one so can say that) I don’t feel it’s worth the money per month for on star - but had a check engine light come on last august and within minutes had a email from on star ! Awesome service and don’t know why I still get monthly reports but hey I like it.... I will take some keep off the lawn signs too !!! Lol

Gr8Stang
04-21-2020, 04:33 PM
I think their call center is still in south Oshawa? If so.....head on down and setup a picket line. ;)

JZ67
04-21-2020, 05:54 PM
Block the number they call from and send the email to your junk folder.

IanGTCS
04-21-2020, 09:42 PM
Sounds exactly like Sirius after my 3 month trial ran out. I asked them politely to never call again and so far so good.

Clutt gt
04-21-2020, 10:22 PM
When I bought my Sierra o star called at or near the end of my free trial.
She asked if I was interested and I said only if it’s free.
She told me about 4G pairing to devices I said I use my phone
She told me about the towing I told her I have 3 other vehicles that are better be way more likely to break down. I have CAA.
She told me the truck will call for help if I’m in an accident. I told her I can call for my own help.
She said what if your not able. I said if it’s that bad someone caught it on video and it’s been uploaded to YouTube helps on its way.
She said how much would you be willing to pay to keep our service. I said told you already FREE.
Never called back or emailed again.

Same with Sirius they called and asked if I had been using the service. I said yes.
She asked I Was happy with the service. I said yes
She asked for credit card. I said no
She said but you use and like the service. Yes mostly
What don’t you like about the service? The cost
What price would you pay? Free
We we can’t do that, would you ever consider using our service in the future? Yes when I buy another new truck and it’s free for 6 months.
Oh would you ever consider subscribing at a reduced price? Yes Free.
Sirius has never called again

Maybe you haven’t been clear Glen.
Tell them you like it but the only price you are willing to pay is free

RedSN
04-21-2020, 11:21 PM
LOL, I can actually hear your voice in my head, Clutt, as you’re talking to Sirius.

I’m the same tho, love Sirius, would actually pay for the service, but a fraction of what they want.
My I-phone has enough music on it I just have to set it on on ‘random’ and it’s just like Sirius.

Armen
04-22-2020, 09:05 AM
No one pays full price for SiriusXM.

RedSN
04-22-2020, 09:46 AM
Don’t care. I don’t want to have to haggle. I won’t reward a company for behaviour like that.

Armen
04-22-2020, 04:19 PM
Like at a car dealership, you mean?

RedSN
04-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Including car dealerships, yes.