PDA

View Full Version : Getting parts from the US

Uncle Buck
11-25-2019, 10:58 AM
Hi

I'm looking to buy something from Mustangs To Fear in Rocester, Indiana. It's a large box but not too heavy. It's likely around 72"x72"x10" and 25lbs. The parts is $350 usd. They quoted shipping to me at $340 usd plus brokerage. Yikes!

What's the best way for me to get this thing without dropping $500 cad in shipping?

I've never used the US Address service in NIagara Falls NY. Any experience with them?

Old Fart
11-25-2019, 11:20 AM
I recently dealt with Cross Border Pickups it was easy. They have all the prices listed on the website. Company sent it free to the US address, $10 for picking it up plus the mailing charge to my address.

Uncle Buck
11-25-2019, 11:31 AM
Thanks, this looks perfect and they have a pickup location in Markham.

juvehab
11-25-2019, 12:54 PM
Thanks, this looks perfect and they have a pickup location in Markham.

I use crossborder pickups all the time Al highly recommended.

5.4MarkVIII
11-25-2019, 02:15 PM
I usually just have shipped to a UPS depot on the other side of the border.

And then drive over.

CDNfyrfytr
11-25-2019, 02:49 PM
I use US Address in Lewiston/Niagara Falls all the time. Never had an issue (other than the ridiculousness sometimes at the border)and it’s an actual person signing for it so no worries there. It’s $5 USD for a normal size box and $10 for a very large one or one over 50lbs. Sign up is easy and there are no monthly fees. They say they will charge more after 1 week but I’ve had stuff there for a month and not been charged any more. Only downside is they are not open Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chinga
11-26-2019, 06:01 PM
I use CBI which is over by the Outlet Mall in Niagara Falls. I usually make a dinner and gas deal out of it on every pick up. 9 out of 10 times I don't pay taxes even after providing the true value of items. Border Services just wants some blood on occasion and I'm good with that.