PDA

View Full Version : Internet / TV providers ?

CON VERT
05-26-2019, 04:43 AM
Well another thread about costs etc, !

We are with Bell, of course time has come to re new our deal with them , NO DEALS ! they want $302 a month, unlimited internet, the Better TV package and my cell phone ! ( we have Fibe 25)

Checked with Rogers , about the same ! better down load speed !

Comwave, $142 a month for unlimited internet & Premium TV package , they don't have cell phone package and I don't need a house phone !

So who is using what ? Anyone using Comwave ?? reviews are terrible , not for the products, but their customer service seems to SUCK large !

ZR
05-26-2019, 06:00 AM
Subscribing, in exact same boat and need relief.

CON VERT
05-26-2019, 06:13 AM
Don't know what's going on , is it carbon tax , bend me over fee's, what ever, ??

On a different note, my daughters car insurance , Doubled ! no explanation , nothing , ZERO marks on her record ! drives maybe 3,000 kms a year ! WTF ???

ZR
05-26-2019, 06:21 AM
Good flippin grief!!!

ZR
05-26-2019, 06:32 AM
On a side note, look up reviews on Bell n Rogers, now thats brutal.

Das 5.0
05-26-2019, 08:39 AM
Glen I have Rogers - not cheap but just had Ignite installed and it takes away the huge PVR boxes and everything is streamed through the internet. It is really cool but freezes up allot but love the features that come with it.

True Blue
05-26-2019, 09:01 AM
I've been happily away from Bell and Rogers for many years now and plan to never go back. Tired of the constant price increases, wasting time on the phone haggling or dealing with screw ups.

I have my internet with Start.ca (3rd party) which Bell and Rogers provide. Paying $50/month for Fibe 25 DSL Bell service, the speed is more than enough for my family. They have many other packages to suit your needs. Start's customer service is fantastic and the price never increases! They also provide TV packages, which I don't have. I've been with them for about 5 years.

Other internet provides you can look at.
Virgin Internet (Bell) which usually has a promo for Fibe 50 DSL $30/month for 12 months after that it's $60/month no further increases.
Ebox Internet has the same promo as well.
Carrytel Internet has great deals on packages, but service can be a hit and miss at times.

As for TV, I'm using an antenna for my local channels. I get about +/-30 channels from that. Plus I have an android box which provides the rest of my viewing pleasures from free IPTV and free movie/tv apps.

A couple of months ago my dad ditched Rogers after being with them for 40+ years. I got him an IPTV package for $10/month with every God damn channel you can think of and the quality is excellent.

For cell service me and the wife are with Zoomerwireless.ca (owned by Rogers) Paying $36/month (includes phone) for unlimited everything and 4GB of data. Never a price increase and their customer service is top notch! I've been with them for 5 years.

Public Mobile provides plans as low as $10/month depending on your needs.
Freedom Mobile is also another option.

83 5.0
05-26-2019, 02:14 PM
Well another thread about costs etc, !

We are with Bell, of course time has come to re new our deal with them , NO DEALS ! they want $302 a month, unlimited internet, the Better TV package and my cell phone ! ( we have Fibe 25)

Checked with Rogers , about the same ! better down load speed !

Comwave, $142 a month for unlimited internet & Premium TV package , they don't have cell phone package and I don't need a house phone !

So who is using what ? Anyone using Comwave ?? reviews are terrible , not for the products, but their customer service seems to SUCK large !

Yes, never thought I would see the day I was forking over $300 a month($3600 a year ffs!)to Bell, but I am. I need to keep bell for the Sympatico and bellnet email addresses, and just to complicated to split everything up. I have Fibe, Crave, multiple packages that have been added over the years. I could survive with internet/ email only, but there are 2 more votes that always trump mine in the house.

lxexpress
05-27-2019, 03:55 PM
I have a buddy that just went with that Amazon fire stick, so far so good, been about a month now.

CON VERT
06-10-2019, 05:16 AM
Finally got around to this ! we are going with Rogers , my Bell bill was $316 a month , cell, internet & tv, Rogers is $144 (1st year) & then goes to $174 after 1 year, I have had my cell plan with Bell for ever ! not any more , Rogers beat Bell by $15 bucks a month , $40 month, unlimited north american (phone & text} no data, never use it !
Soooooooooooooooo it's BYE BYE MA BELL ! don't wanna deal , see ya later , right now my bill is half with better speeds , more channels , what's not to like !
Took a while of back & forth but worth it in the end, G>

stangstevers
06-10-2019, 04:43 PM
Start.ca unlimited internet
Netflix
Motortrend
IpTV ($15 month 800 channels)
Kodi

CON VERT
06-10-2019, 05:07 PM
Got the "senior retention rep" call me today, wanting to know why I am cancelling my service , he started off with how Bell is working hard to be the best in Canada etc, so my come back was if they wanted to be the BEST they should start by employing local labour rather than outsource & stop trying to rob us blind, (call display showed a US phone # probably linked to Pakistan), (at least that what he sounded like.)
I asked him one question , how can Rogers give me more stuff for around half of what ur charging ? & then my last comment was, unless the next words coming out of your mouth are we are will meet their prices, SILENCE, conversation over !
BYE BYE BELL after 20 years !

cudaboy
06-10-2019, 08:03 PM
I am fed up with Bell too.
Wondering whether anyone has ever tried one of the wonder antennas that just plug in to the electrical system in your house and to the tv. Great promises and prices....but....

CON VERT
06-11-2019, 01:32 PM
Boy, Bell INDIA has allot of nerve, another call today like I never got one yesterday ! & OH by the way SIR this call is being recorded, my reply < under no circumstances is this call to be recorded, Sorry Sir but I am not allowed to do that, WELL THEN this conversation is OVER ! we'll see how far BELL really wants to push this ! my next call will be to CRTC too file a complaint, about their harassment & badgering , NEVER PISS OFF AN OLD FUCK LIKE ME, I live for the pay back ! :oldman:

Boomer
06-11-2019, 04:07 PM
SIR this call is being recorded, my reply < under no circumstances is this call to be recorded, Sorry Sir but I am not allowed to do that, WELL THEN this conversation is OVER !

NICE!!! I'll use that next time they call asking for my business back...LOL

CON VERT
06-12-2019, 12:15 PM
Well now, I get my on line statement today from MA BELL , even though my account is cancelled , they still want me to pay the month in advance ! and this is also attached to my statement on line !

'A late payment charge of 3% per month (42.58% per' annum) will apply from this month's bill date if we have not received your payment before your next bill date !

I am somewhat considering this a threat that if I don't pay the month in advance & then try to get it back , they will start charging me the interest ! If I am understanding their BS correctly !

Imagine 42.58% , where do I invest to get that kinda return ? I think the mifa interest is less !

Boomer
06-12-2019, 01:48 PM
Well now, I get my on line statement today from MA BELL , even though my account is cancelled , they still want me to pay the month in advance ! and this is also attached to my statement on line !

Yeah, it's all in the micro fine print at the very bottom of the agreement you signed when they promised you a great deal to sign on.....LOL. These large corporations are great at scamming to get our hard earned pennies...

stangstevers
06-12-2019, 04:32 PM
Yuge scam... that and insurance

Rich-C
06-13-2019, 08:44 AM
Ditch the TV. Massive rip off - pay to see advertisements?? If you absolutely need local news, get an antenna.

Rich

CON VERT
06-14-2019, 05:30 AM
Ditch the TV. Massive rip off - pay to see advertisements?? If you absolutely need local news, get an antenna.

Rich

Well local news & the Three Stooges !

CON VERT
06-15-2019, 05:24 AM
Is it only me , or do i have STUPID tattooed on my forehead, call BELL, there seems to be some sort of get this, billing date , service date, end of contract date, end of cell service, NOW THEN, because I let all my contracts expire with BELL, my cell has been month to month for almost a year with no contract, & other services finished May 22/19 ,my new Rogers service starts on the 27 of June, they want over $300 bucks for 2 days of service, bill is due on the 26th but my cancellation is June 28 th ? according to BELL , still don't know who made that date up, except its the day after my Rogers service gets installed, so I tell BELL shut off your crap on the 25th ! their response was that they cannot leave customers without service ! WTF , the fight continues !

MY ONLY QUESTION IS, WHAT FUCKING DAY WILL U TURN OFF YOUR CRAP SO i DON'T HAVE TO PAY DOUBLE for a month !
Well Sir what day would u like your service to finish , when u pay your next bill before the 26th of June no other payment will be due unless u do not disconnect your service before your next billing date !

This is the shit I put up with, U can't fix stupid !

True Blue
06-15-2019, 06:56 AM
And this people is one of the big reasons why I will NEVER have any direct dealings with Bhell and Robbers ever again!

Glen, I hope you get this shit sorted out.

CON VERT
06-15-2019, 08:46 AM
^^^ Thanks, I'll get it sorted out, but it boggles my mind that we , me, us, everyone , deals with and allows it to happen, & there is absoutly no recours, a complaint to CRTC is like pissing in the wind ! so again, we the sheeple get pushed around cause big brother wants to squeeze another $$$ bucks out of me, never mind I've been over paying for years , buts OK, FUCK U ! MA BELL !

CON VERT
06-15-2019, 12:19 PM
FUCK U MA BELL , hear me loud & clear, I moved my install date up to this Thursday ! now YOU owe me a few days.

Scrape
06-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Glen, I hear you on this buddy. Tell them to fuck off! LOL

CON VERT
06-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Sorry for the RANT , but I like to be KISSED first, they don't even have the courtesy to reach around while they're rammin ya !

NO wonder everything is so expensive , they so busy writing policies etc, & how to screw u, they have totally lost sight of their core business ! customer service !

CON VERT
06-24-2019, 07:53 PM
Well today was the day, all went fairly well , internet , tv install perfect in less than an hour, Ignite is cool, & works perfectly so far ! internet is faster , way faster, my cell was a little more challenging but all is well and my final words are "FUCK YOU MA BELL" , you piece of shit ! not another cent ! EVER AGAIN !

Lock'er UP ! Ranting Over !

Scrape
06-24-2019, 08:14 PM
I am getting my Ignite TV done on Wednesday. I hope it works out for me.

Well today was the day, all went fairly well , internet , tv install perfect in less than an hour, Ignite is cool, & works perfectly so far ! internet is faster , way faster, my cell was a little more challenging but all is well and my final words are "FUCK YOU MA BELL" , you piece of shit ! not another cent ! EVER AGAIN !

Lock'er UP ! Ranting Over !

CON VERT
06-25-2019, 12:26 PM
Went to the Rogers store to get another remote yesterday (purchase), but they don't have any for Ignite , (Gail & I fight over the remote) just as easy to have 2 ! anyways back to the story , called Rogers , nice fellow from Toronto Tito ? doesn't matter , checked a few places and said your right none around , but he said I got an idea, I'll have a tech bring u out one as they have extras on their trucks , call yesterday afternoon , guy was here at 9AM with my new remote + he programmed it etc, $25 buck for the remote ( no charge for the service call or set up) So far so Good Rogers !

ZR
06-25-2019, 10:29 PM
Solid so far.

CON VERT
06-27-2019, 06:31 AM
https://ecp.yusercontent.com/mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Ff.email.rogers.com%2Fi%2F45% 2F850917748%2F20180921_ty_nac_ns_20180510_ELS_Than kYou_NAC_NonSE_en_header.jpg&t=1561631211&ymreqid=d9c52ade-8cfd-3a63-1c69-400001010900&sig=Xx5eWFQ1FxbGvLpDnK_2gg--~C

CON VERT
06-27-2019, 06:42 AM
^^^^ A little Thank You from Rogers , and the SAGA with BELL continues, get this, they credited my account $6.88 because my cell phone was cancelled before the end of billing, now it get GOOD, they still want $288.08 for the next month, too keep me in good standing, they want me to pay & they will credit me what if anything is left ? WTF , there is nothing left, service and goods returned before due DATES ! END, (all services have been cancelled) so I get, if I don't pay it, it may show up on my credit report as a missed payment, , I'm FUCKING SEEING RED, read my signature below !!! you M' Fackers,
Escalating to BELL management team, they are supposed to call me today !
Start the BAIL FUND folks , I'm going IN with no Vaseline !