PDA

View Full Version : New 2019 GT for me

F1Fan
04-19-2019, 03:41 PM
Im not a very active poster but I thought I might like to ask a question about my brand new Velocity Blue GT Premium.

I needed to trade my manual trans. 2017 GT in for an automatic transmission version. Seems my left foot does not play well with the clutch peddle. Age and years working on concrete floors really sucks! And I will miss the shifter. But I got a great trade in value due to there only being 13,000km on my old car and lucked into the new GT Premium in a color I really love, and pretty much every bell and whistle to be had. Much more than the 2017 had in it. So far I am loving this new beast, with the 10 speed automatic, the digital dash, the variable exhaust notes, and more. Maybe even more than the 2017.

Except ONE thing. And I'm not sure if its my imagination or not....I don't really think so....but did Ford SOFTEN up the leather seats for the 2019? Did they soften them up for the auto trans. version? I know for sure the head rest is much softer, which I actually prefer. It doesn't smack me in the back of my head going over bumps. But I feel that the side bolsters of the seats are quite a bit softer and don't hold in corners as much. Even the seat cushion itself seems softer.

Has anyone else who made that sort of swap noticed this?

But not a deal breaker. I'm really rather happy with everything else about it.

Screw
04-19-2019, 04:01 PM
Congrats on the car

Stephen06GT
04-19-2019, 04:12 PM
Sorry, I have no comments on the seats, but congrats on the new ride and welcome to team blue.

Blackmare
04-19-2019, 04:12 PM
Sorry, can't answer your question, but congrats on the new ride.

Scott
04-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Congratulations on the new Mustang, but sorry I can't comment on seats!

Screw
04-19-2019, 05:41 PM
Oh and that colour is flippin hawt too ...;)

F1Fan
04-19-2019, 06:05 PM
Ya, that color blew me away. The ‘17 was the metallic Oxford White, which was nice enough. Specially in the sun light, but back then I really wanted the Grabber Blue but they were all gone when I was shopping.
But this Velocity Blue is SO cool. Very happy!

hammerhead
04-19-2019, 06:22 PM
Congrats man that's fantastic...i don't have the leather in my 2018 but do find the seats firm and conforming but i come from many cars with bench seats lol so anything feels conforming...cant say about the headrest poor posture so my seat is almost reclined never feel the head rest...lol

Screw
04-19-2019, 06:27 PM
^^ you got the low rider lean going on :D

Mustang4
04-19-2019, 10:41 PM
Congrats on the car. I have a 2018 GT and the find my bolsters nice and firm but I don’t have a comparison to say if they’re softer. I also have 10 speed automatic.

F1Fan
04-20-2019, 08:12 AM
Mustang4, are they the leather heated/cooled seats? It’s really strange but I swear they are softer. I know for sure the head rest is 100% softer. Meaning I’m 100% sure of it. It’s day and night and I have even seen YouTube reviews where it’s mentioned.
Anyway, it’s not the end of the world. Not like I want to return it ‘cause the bolsters are softer. It’s still an awesome ride. But it’s one of those things where I just need to know. If I could though, I would swap the seat.

Scrape
04-20-2019, 08:16 AM
Congratulations on the new ride and blue is the way to go. As for your seats, I personally find the standard leather seats a bit soft for my liking. Oddly the cloth seats are a tad firmer. The Recaros are definitely my personal choice.

F1Fan
04-20-2019, 08:59 AM
Hi Scrape. I remember sitting in the Recaro’s back in 2017. Your right, I did find them to be firmer. But the factory leather seats were not that much softer that I wanted to give up the heating/cooling features. Knowing I would not be doing any track events I was more than happy with the “regular” factory equipment.
Now, the wife always tells me I over analyze things and let stuff get into my head, but I’m sure the 2017 seats were firmer.
It’s like Ford was thinking , “well if they want an automatic transmission they probably want everything easier and more comfortable, so let’s soften up the buckets!”

shakin
04-20-2019, 12:22 PM
Congrats and welcome. Pics would be nice too.

Scrape
04-20-2019, 01:36 PM
LOL! I wouldn’t be surprised if they actually did that.
Hi Scrape. I remember sitting in the Recaro’s back in 2017. Your right, I did find them to be firmer. But the factory leather seats were not that much softer that I wanted to give up the heating/cooling features. Knowing I would not be doing any track events I was more than happy with the “regular” factory equipment.
Now, the wife always tells me I over analyze things and let stuff get into my head, but I’m sure the 2017 seats were firmer.
It’s like Ford was thinking , “well if they want an automatic transmission they probably want everything easier and more comfortable, so let’s soften up the buckets!”

Mustang4
04-20-2019, 10:53 PM
Mustang4, are they the leather heated/cooled seats? It’s really strange but I swear they are softer. I know for sure the head rest is 100% softer. Meaning I’m 100% sure of it. It’s day and night and I have even seen YouTube reviews where it’s mentioned.
Anyway, it’s not the end of the world. Not like I want to return it ‘cause the bolsters are softer. It’s still an awesome ride. But it’s one of those things where I just need to know. If I could though, I would swap the seat.

No they are the cloth ones. Will be covered in Katskin leather a little later.

Screw
04-21-2019, 09:40 AM
Had some seat time in recaros, I think I gotta lose some weight:)

F1Fan
04-21-2019, 12:03 PM
Did some “sporting” driving today as Ford calls it. The seats in the 2017 definitely held a bit better. Too bad.
But I did get into the sport and sport plus modes and the paddle shifters. That MORE than makes up for the soggy seats. And I thought I loved the manual transmission!!

Scrape
04-21-2019, 12:15 PM
That 10 speed transmission is phenomenal. I need to compare it to my DCT.