PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Maple Leafs 2019 Stanley Cup, not it's for real...

Minaccia
09-29-2018, 08:28 PM
Welcome to this years Toronto Maple Leaf thread where I hope this year will be full of more cheers than tears, with the addition of John Tavares we should be in for a nice long season with lots of positives.

Go Leafs Go!

90LXCoupe
09-29-2018, 08:33 PM
I've got a good feeling!

Screw
09-29-2018, 09:40 PM
I’d like to stay positive , still think they need solid blue liners

stangstevers
09-30-2018, 09:04 AM
LOL @ Leafs winning the cup

Screw
09-30-2018, 09:13 AM
LOL @ Leafs winning the cup

.....& Habs :D

WTF
09-30-2018, 09:21 AM
our 1st PP line is absolutely lethal

Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Kadri, Rielly

when opposing coaches get a penalty....they know a goal is coming

our #1 and #2 forward lines are freakin dangerous

our big goaltender is at the top of his game

our D is the only concern....but with guys like Dermott and Ozi coming up the ranks....I'm pretty optimistic

both Matthews and Marner have upped their skill set vs last year....and they we're pretty damn good last year.....barring any injury, in a few years these two will be considered top 5 in the game imo

and we look like a cup contender without our 1st line winger....when Willy finally signs and gets our there it's gonna be something to watch

and guys like Johnsson and Kapanen you can't take lightly either

with Martin gone...we don't have a slugger....but I'd happily take a powerplay goal over a fighting minor

this team is the best shot we have at a cup that I've ever seen

ALLKHEINZ
09-30-2018, 02:39 PM
Leafs will do Jack as always....they will have an excellent season and shart the bed in the playoffs as always either rd 1 or 2.....Ill lock my $100 bet in now for anyone that thinks they will make it to rd 3 and offer 3-1 odds :) 10-1 if you wanna lock in a Stanley Cup

Leafs will score a ton of goals, probably set a team season record in pts but the D and Goaltending will eliminate them come the Playoffs.

mavrrrick
09-30-2018, 04:11 PM
Last time they won was the year I was born.... losing streak??? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF
09-30-2018, 04:39 PM
Leafs will do Jack as always....they will have an excellent season and shart the bed in the playoffs as always either rd 1 or 2.....Ill lock my $100 bet in now for anyone that thinks they will make it to rd 3 and offer 3-1 odds :) 10-1 if you wanna lock in a Stanley Cup

Leafs will score a ton of goals, probably set a team season record in pts but the D and Goaltending will eliminate them come the Playoffs.

I'll take your $100, 10-1 on the cup

if they don't win the cup....you got my $100

when they win the cup.....you gimme your $1000

ALLKHEINZ
10-01-2018, 06:01 PM
yes this season...if they win the cup this year you get my $1000 if they dont i get your $100. i love free money so consider it locked!

Gr8Stang
10-01-2018, 07:13 PM
our 1st PP line is absolutely lethal

Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Kadri, Rielly

when opposing coaches get a penalty....they know a goal is coming

our #1 and #2 forward lines are freakin dangerous

our big goaltender is at the top of his game

our D is the only concern....but with guys like Dermott and Ozi coming up the ranks....I'm pretty optimistic

both Matthews and Marner have upped their skill set vs last year....and they we're pretty damn good last year.....barring any injury, in a few years these two will be considered top 5 in the game imo

and we look like a cup contender without our 1st line winger....when Willy finally signs and gets our there it's gonna be something to watch

and guys like Johnsson and Kapanen you can't take lightly either

with Martin gone...we don't have a slugger....but I'd happily take a powerplay goal over a fighting minor

this team is the best shot we have at a cup that I've ever seen

Not to bring you down.....BUT remember the stacked and talented team the Oilers had not so long ago (and even now)? It takes a lot more than stats on paper to make a run for the cup. Having said that, the team does look its most promising in a very, very, long time. Just don't meet the Bruins in the 1st round :friendly_wink:

95GT_VERT
10-01-2018, 07:37 PM
The Toronto Maple Leafs officially do not have there name on the Stanley cup, every 13 years a ring of the cup gets replaced with a clean slate for new winners... the maples leafs were on the tier that was recently removed

Boomer
10-02-2018, 08:26 AM
I'm a Bruins fan, so I'll just stay outta here!

ALLKHEINZ
10-06-2018, 09:52 PM
So far im not impressed, got lucky vs the Habs with an OT win after getting outplayed and tonight vs the Sens they got schooled by a team that looked
much hungrier for a win....D and Goaltending is weak, will be what costs them any success this year......Sparks in net tomorrow vs the Hawks on the road where they havent won since 2003.....The Mega coach better crack the whip cuz these guys look out of sync!

ALLKHEINZ
11-04-2018, 12:36 AM
Leafs need to waive there Home games and just play 82 on the road....lmfao. This team has ZERO chance of going deep into the playoffs let alone parading the cup down yonge st......just something about that Leaf on the jersey and the Cup are like oil and water they dont mix....without a better goalie and better D there is no cup in Torontos future....again since 1967 the most games the Leafs have won in ANY playoff run is 11.....5 shy of hoisting the cup 1 shy of seeing the words "Stanley Cup Finals" at the Center Ice Circle....Ill beLeaf it when i see it if ever in my lifetime.

WTF
11-04-2018, 08:06 AM
9-5

4th place in the entire league.....2nd in their division

1 superstar winger still unsigned
1 superstar centre injured

and we just smoked Pittsburgh and shut them out

if this team comes out and plays a full 60 minutes per game they can beat every other team in the league

WTF
12-01-2018, 07:25 PM
18-8

top what in the league?....1...2...3...4?

Matthews back...and Nylander now locked in

this is what we run for the cup with

buckle up and enjoy

Snaketamer
12-03-2018, 06:29 PM
Josh Leivo to the Vancouver Canucks to make room for Nylander. Maybe he'll get a chance to prove what he can do. Forward Michael Carcone in return.

WTF
12-03-2018, 07:21 PM
I wanna see line 1 as

Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander

they gotta try it no?.....it's too damn good to pass up

19-8 going into Buffalo tomorrow with no Nylander on the bench.....and we have a shit historical record against the Sabres

should be interesting

ALLKHEINZ
12-04-2018, 10:43 PM
all about the playoffs.....im not giving out any cred to any team until i see the words "STANLEY CUP FINALS" at the center ice circle. finish the season on top or barely get in it doesnt matter, lets see what happens when you have to face the same team for 7 games and do it 4 rds in a row to win a cup...i have them for a first or second round fail...

55 HD
12-04-2018, 11:24 PM
Great entertainment tonight. GO LEAFS GO ...........I like to watch a great season more than the playoffs.

WTF
12-05-2018, 09:52 AM
20-8-0.
Tied for the best goal differential in the league.
6th best goals against
2nd best goals for
4-0 OT record
All without William Nylander.
Also missed Auston Matthews for 14 of 28 games.

Matthews has 15 freakin goals in 14 games...he is 6 goals behind the leaque leader playing 14 games less

this team is freakin good and keeps getting better

ALLKHEINZ
12-07-2018, 07:13 PM
^^^all great points BUT, means nothing until it translates into a deep playoff run and by deep the only acceptable outcome for me is losing in game 7 of the East final by an OT goal or losing in the cup final....rest for me is a fail with all the hype this tram has....they will need to beat 3 orher great teams, likely Washington, Tampa forsure and if they play Boston again can they take care of business...time will tell but im 99.99% sure ill be getting a $100 email transfer from WTF come playoff time :)

trickflow-jay
12-07-2018, 09:36 PM
wow Matthews took a hard hit and no one backed him up??!!!! what a bunch of pansies im sure Babcock said something about that.

ALLKHEINZ
12-08-2018, 06:52 PM
wow Matthews took a hard hit and no one backed him up??!!!! what a bunch of pansies im sure Babcock said something about that.

yep agreed, but thats the new speed and skill NHL.

ALLKHEINZ
12-08-2018, 10:55 PM
Looks like a Boston team with half its number 1 lineup still has Torontos number....

55 HD
12-08-2018, 11:02 PM
Looks like a Boston team with half its number 1 lineup still has Torontos number....

Was a dirty game. Some good hits though. Going to have to say Boston knew to play the body to wear them out.

Stephen06GT
12-08-2018, 11:56 PM
Don't poke the bear.

ALLKHEINZ
03-09-2019, 01:25 PM
anyone interested in locking in some playoff wagers? ill take the Leafs to lose in Rd 1 vs Boston again if they face each other....whatever amount is fine, i already have a free $100 from WTF coming because the leafs arent winning the cup this year LOL, but ill go out on a limb and say they wont even win 1 rd this year ....Boston is to the Leafs what the Leafs were to the Senators back in the day.....they are the Leafs kryptonite. anyway lets lockem in early folks.

ALLKHEINZ
03-11-2019, 08:20 PM
its pretty obvious that Tampa Bay is the toast of the east....Tampa is the team the Leafs dream they could be...

Gr8Stang
03-11-2019, 09:06 PM
its pretty obvious that Tampa Bay is the toast of the east....Tampa is the team the Leafs dream they could be...

And the Bruins lost to them in Dec. 3-2 and then beat them 4-1 in Feb....without their top scorer. Two more matches to see how it shakes out for the regular season.

If Toronto meets Boston in Rd.1, I see the same result as the previous two playoff meetings. I think Boston, Tampa, and Washington will be the ones to rise to the top of east playoffs, just not sure which goal tender will make the difference.

Sorry Leaf fans. Team does still have a much brighter future than it has in recent years.

ALLKHEINZ
03-13-2019, 12:46 PM
im open to all wagers, i will take the Leafs to lose as always....Love all the cup talk in the first few posts from the begining of the season...sure is funny to read now....got to be out of ones mind if anyone thinks they are gonna make it through 3 of any of the possible eastern teams to even make a final....Boston rd 1, Tampa Rd 2....well atleast now they are making the playoffs consistantly which is some improvement....much better then 10 seasons without a playoff game lol....now they are seemingly stuck trying to win a round....even if they win one round and get bounced is that what everyone expected after adding Taveres to the mix??? not sure what everyone is watching but i surely dont see a stanley cup contender...i hope i eat my words and they pull the miracle off some day before i die.

USAWIT2
03-13-2019, 07:44 PM
Well they are shittin the bed again......

USAWIT2
03-13-2019, 09:39 PM
Well at least they came to play in the 3rd

55 HD
03-13-2019, 10:01 PM
They needed 4 periods tonight.

ALLKHEINZ
03-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Leafs are just playing some brutal hockey.....easy to see they wont last long come playoff time!

ALLKHEINZ
03-16-2019, 10:52 PM
This team has me wondering exactly why they have the highest paid coach in the league? what exactly is he teaching this team? looks like the same defence they had in his first season...8 years at 50 million and he cant teach them some basic D....

ALLKHEINZ
03-28-2019, 04:32 PM
https://i.ibb.co/kJfYsWp/3643-BDF5-0987-4570-981-E-E45615-FB3223.jpg

Gr8Stang
03-28-2019, 05:01 PM
https://i.ibb.co/kJfYsWp/3643-BDF5-0987-4570-981-E-E45615-FB3223.jpg

Bahda boom bahda bing!! Ouch!

ALLKHEINZ
04-07-2019, 04:13 PM
anyone actually think the Leafs will beat Boston?

Ill take Boston and offer and 2-1 odds on whatever amount to whoever wants to lock in a wager before the series starts...

WTF
04-07-2019, 06:20 PM
anyone actually think the Leafs will beat Boston?

yup...they're gonna beat them

they've been playing like utter shit the last month++....but they've proven this season that when they show up for 60 minutes they can beat the fuck outta any team

been a while since they went on a winning streak...couldn't think of a better time

ALLKHEINZ
04-08-2019, 06:20 PM
yup...they're gonna beat them

they've been playing like utter shit the last month++....but they've proven this season that when they show up for 60 minutes they can beat the fuck outta any team

been a while since they went on a winning streak...couldn't think of a better timewell they wont win the cup so let me know when you want my email addy to fire over that $100 your gonna owe me....lol. Leafs have a punchers chance vs Boston and thats about it.....Bruins in 5 or 7 is my call but Leafs lose regardless.

Gabe
04-11-2019, 09:41 PM
That’s a great start!

mavrrrick
04-12-2019, 07:08 AM
When I die, I want the Maple leaf team to carry my coffin at my funeral....Let me down one more time!!! LOL

ALLKHEINZ
04-13-2019, 09:34 PM
The real Boston Bruins showed up tonight and the real Leafs showed up tonight to LOL...,Leafs got the split on the road lets see what they do back home on Monday when they feel all the pressure and the weight of the fans on there shoulders....

G-ForceJunkie
04-14-2019, 12:32 PM
I think you mean the bought-and-paid for Bruins referees showed up. You can't beat a team when they can do whatever they want and not get penalties. Kadri got a penalty for getting punched.

Gr8Stang
04-14-2019, 02:05 PM
I think you mean the bought-and-paid for Bruins referees showed up. You can't beat a team when they can do whatever they want and not get penalties. Kadri got a penalty for getting punched.

He's a cry baby.....loves to chirp, but doesn't like it when things don't go his way. Refs remember players like that....

He's got no self control (selfish?) and now he's just made it harder for his team to move on in the playoffs. Sad part is, he was probably the best players in a Leafs uniform last night....aside from Andersen.....who tried to keep the Leafs in it.

I do think the refs lost control of the game, which led to a lot of the shananigans. That said, the Bruins played a heavy game....and if they continue to do so, Leafs aren't likely to get out of this round.

Armen
04-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Oddly quiet in here today.

mavrrrick
04-16-2019, 10:12 AM
Shhhhhhhhh.....we are sleeping.

55 HD
04-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Going to say the Leaf's won last night. Can't hear any noise Mr. H

ALLKHEINZ
04-19-2019, 12:38 PM
yes and they lost the next night....again its the Bruins in the drivers seat going home for game 5 tied 2-2......winner of game 5 will take the seties, Vegas has Boston winning tonight and the series. Leafs have squandered 2 opportunities to take 2 game leads....atleast they made. baby step this time around being 2-2 after 4 games and not down 3-1 lmfao!! Leafs win tonight they have a chance to take the series, Boston wins tonight then its over....and i dont find it a big deal if the Leafs finally win in round one....win in rd 3 and make the finals is more like when they should get credit...

USAWIT2
04-19-2019, 09:52 PM
Go Leafs Go

Screw
04-19-2019, 10:20 PM
Nice W

55 HD
04-20-2019, 08:29 AM
It really wasn't a good game at all. No real good plays were made by either team. But I sure do like the out come. GO LEAFS GO I think you are the better team regardless of the out come.

Screw
04-20-2019, 08:51 AM
Be nice to bump Heinz’s team out :D :stickpoke:

I know I know you’re a leafs fan at heart

Stephen06GT
04-20-2019, 09:35 AM
It ain’t over yet.

DinoZ
04-20-2019, 07:51 PM
Leafs should wrap this up at home.

ALLKHEINZ
04-21-2019, 06:04 PM
Leafs are Done like dinner.....anyone wanna lay some $ on game 7?

Leafs have blown 2 previous game 7’s with leads in BOSTON but crawled back from being 3 game to 1 down in both.....So blowing a 3 games to 2 lead this series is even worse then the 4-1 third period collapse in 2013//14.

I have zero hope, zero optimism, zero faith in any Toronto team....like the saying goes when i die i want the leafs to burry me so they can let me down one more time....

soooooo if any Leafs lovers out here wanna lay some $$ down for a Toronto game 7 victory Ill take Boston.

Burns
04-22-2019, 08:05 AM
Leafs are Done like dinner.....anyone wanna lay some $ on game 7?

Leafs have blown 2 previous game 7’s with leads in BOSTON but crawled back from being 3 game to 1 down in both.....So blowing a 3 games to 2 lead this series is even worse then the 4-1 third period collapse in 2013//14.

I have zero hope, zero optimism, zero faith in any Toronto team....like the saying goes when i die i want the leafs to burry me so they can let me down one more time....

soooooo if any Leafs lovers out here wanna lay some $$ down for a Toronto game 7 victory Ill take Boston.

I almost wish I was a Leafs fan Heinz!

Go Bruins!

Anybody with a lucky bounce could win this series.

Gr8Stang
04-22-2019, 10:36 AM
^^^ IF the Bruins team that showed up yesterday, appears in game 7, pretty confident they will be going to round 2. BUT....we haven't seen that kind of consistency out of them this series AND these teams know each other so well, that it's turned into a real battle when it comes to the playoffs. I do think that its a shame that one of the top teams in the conference will now be exiting after the 1st round. I still prefer the old playoff format....

As for home ice advantage....so far it hasn't proven to be much of an advantage. Maybe game 7 will be different....

Burns
04-22-2019, 12:12 PM
^ ^ ^

Not a fan of the first round format either.

They have 2 road wins each so home ice hasn't played a factor.

The ice surface has been shit at TD Gardens with some strange bounces and most notably it is the Bruins complaining about it.

Game 7 should be an edge of your seat affair!

Go Bruins!

ALLKHEINZ
04-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Be nice to bump Heinz’s team out :D :stickpoke:

I know I know you’re a leafs fan at heartyou are correct i am a Leafs fan 100% i just dont bbuy into hype, i buy into results...Leafs track record speaks for itself...its the reason why i am out of hope and optimism....so use to them losing its become what i expect......i expect them to lose Tuesday unless God himself puts on a Leaf Jerseey and performs a miracle....and regardless win or lose they wont win a cup or even make the finals so put us all out of our misery now....Boston vs CBJ will be a good series :)

Gr8Stang
04-22-2019, 05:10 PM
^ ^ ^

Not a fan of the first round format either.

They have 2 road wins each so home ice hasn't played a factor.

The ice surface has been shit at TD Gardens with some strange bounces and most notably it is the Bruins complaining about it.

Game 7 should be an edge of your seat affair!

Go Bruins!

I'm a bit surprised the ice isn't better, and warmer weather is no excuse. TD Garden is not even that old. Would suck to have the game determined on a bad bounce. Oh well, both teams have to play on it, so there's no real advantage. Hoping the B's can pull it out once again....

Screw
04-23-2019, 07:51 AM
you are correct i am a Leafs fan 100% i just dont bbuy into hype, i buy into results...Leafs track record speaks for itself...its the reason why i am out of hope and optimism....so use to them losing its become what i expect......i expect them to lose Tuesday unless God himself puts on a Leaf Jerseey and performs a miracle....and regardless win or lose they wont win a cup or even make the finals so put us all out of our misery now....Boston vs CBJ will be a good series :)

I guess I’m in same boat , spent a lot of time at MLG as a teen with Marlies watching Salming , Sittler etc .When we came off the ice on Saturday morning leafs would have a pre-game skate , good times.
Having said that I’m ready to jump on the bandwagon if they move on :) but not holding my breath

ALLKHEINZ
04-23-2019, 03:18 PM
i dont think there will be any in between tonight, i think the Leafs blow them out of the building (ya right!) or they shit the bed as usual....doubt this will go to Overtime but def be edge of the seat if it did......i think there is just as much pressure on the Leafs to win tonight as there is for Boston to win at home...Leafs will have to deal with all the questions as to why they continuously fail in crunch time and why Boston continues to be the Leafs Kryptonite!

at least i will get my $100 off WTF as a consolation...lol. how he ever bet on them to win the cup this year ....well LMfAO!

Boomer
04-23-2019, 04:04 PM
Leafs will win tonight 3 - 0....Two empty netters.

55 HD
04-23-2019, 07:08 PM
I think the Fans are looking for the win tonight more than the Leaf's themselves. GO LEAFS GO you have more talent than the Boston team so lets see it tonight.

I'm a Leaf fan regardless and always have been. See no need to cheer for another team as only 1 can win each year. Ya have to say they are entertaining most games throughout the season.

Armen
04-23-2019, 07:41 PM
Deflated puck scandal.

USAWIT2
04-23-2019, 07:52 PM
#51 on the ice for both Boston's goals.
Didnt he do the same shit last year?

Stephen06GT
04-23-2019, 09:35 PM
DON’T POKE THE BEAR!!

GO BRUINS!!!

Scrape
04-23-2019, 09:37 PM
Leafs are out. They suck as usual.

55 HD
04-23-2019, 09:49 PM
My wife hates hockey. I have to watch every Leaf game with my dog. I looked at him in the 2cd period and he was yawning and then half way through the 3rd he fell asleep. I woke him up to tell him the Leaf's lost and the bugger bit me.

Scrape
04-23-2019, 09:50 PM
LOL
My wife hates hockey. I have to watch every Leaf game with my dog. I looked at him in the 2cd period and he was yawning and then half way through the 3rd he fell asleep. I woke him up to tell him the Leaf's lost and the bugger bit me.

ALLKHEINZ
04-23-2019, 10:59 PM
I made a video....ENJOY!

https://youtu.be/vl5zGE9lTBw

Darkhorse
04-24-2019, 07:19 AM
Leafs.......doing Leaf things.

FABMAN
04-24-2019, 07:21 AM
Glad I was watching the raptors game instead!

WTF
04-24-2019, 07:21 AM
I fucking hate Boston

FABMAN
04-24-2019, 07:25 AM
I fucking hate Boston

Me too, in any sport. I always route for their opponents as their fans make me sick. Looking forward to watching the Celtics get swept in 4 by the Bucks!

Gr8Stang
04-24-2019, 11:40 AM
Leafs have some work to do yet before they can make it past some of their conference rivals....particularly on the back end. Good on them to take the Bruins to 7 games again, but in the end, you gotta get over the hump and to at least the 2nd round before fans will start to feel better.

Mass fans have been spoiled with so many championships in recent years that's for sure. And yes....I'm a life long Bruins fan (Bobby Orr influence), but hate the Pats and don't care about the Red Sox or Celtics.

Armen
04-24-2019, 03:01 PM
I bet you do $$$$!!!

I fucking hate Boston

WTF
04-24-2019, 03:05 PM
I bet you do $$$$!!!

as an ex-smoker who literally burned tens of thousands of dollars over decades.....couldn't give a shit about losing the $100.....I want this team to win a fucking cup already

I saw them win the last one and then they had to change my fucking diaper.....I'd like to watch them win it again without having to change my fucking diaper this time

LX89
04-24-2019, 09:36 PM
Maple Leafs are the only original six team to never win the cup after the 1968 league expansion.

At this rate that will stand for a long time.
Maybe even longer that it already has,lol.

Scrape
04-24-2019, 09:51 PM
Lmao!
I made a video....ENJOY!

https://youtu.be/vl5zGE9lTBw

Burns
04-25-2019, 10:07 AM
Me too, in any sport. I always route for their opponents as their fans make me sick. Looking forward to watching the Celtics get swept in 4 by the Bucks!

That's pretty harsh but expected.