PDA

View Full Version : Little things that make a car your own

Quicksilver
07-02-2018, 01:35 PM
In December I traded my '15 GT vert (race red with twin silver stripes) for a '17 GT vert in "magnetic" (charcoal grey) with a "showstopper red" (ford's words) interior.
I was extremely unhappy with the car as it just seemed so...bland. Almost all my cars have been some shade of red, or electric blue, or yellow, and the dark grey was so innocuous, so unappealing, so easy to lose in a crowd. On top of that it has factory black stripes which barely show.
Yes, I had Bill at Heritage install a roll bar for some visual oomph, but that only shows when the top is down. And of course I don't see it when I'm in the car.
I had decided for numerous reasons not to order an '18, but this car was so despairingly boring that I was re-thinking my strategy.
Then along came Joe. DaSilva, that is. For his big event in May I was persuaded to install a Borla axleback exhaust system.

Oh, baby!

BIG difference. BIG, BIG difference. I mean major transformation. Not so much in performance (I suppose the extra power would be worth .ooo1 in the 1/4 mile) but in attitude. All of a sudden the car has presence. It burbles and pops on throttle liftoff. It screams at full pedal. It eagerly bursts into life when you turn the key. It announces itself before you see it coming. It has a nasty snarl as you wind it up through the gears. Whooee!

Then, finally I got around to putting some new rims on it. I purchased for my '14 a set of SVE staggered 19" rims with a polished deep dish edge. I kept them when I sold that car, and then in May I mounted 285/35/19 Continental Extremes on the back, and 255/40/19 Conti's on the front (Courtesy of A.I.M. tires in Markham). They visually lowered the car, and with the wider offset the stance, to me, is nigh on perfect.

So, a few fairly minor changes and now the car has ATTITUDE!! I'm lovin' it. To the point where I have 28000 km on it already!

Now if someone could tell me how to do it, I'll post some pictures.

trickflow-jay
07-02-2018, 04:38 PM
imgur is your friend

Quicksilver
07-02-2018, 07:20 PM
imgur is your friend

What is imjur?

stangstevers
07-02-2018, 07:42 PM
https://imgur.com

Easy to upload and share

Minaccia
07-02-2018, 10:08 PM
I also recently installed Borla Stinger S-Type Axle-Back Exhaust w/ Black Tips and everything you mentioned is spot on about the kit and with my auto as soon as I get off the gas it quiets down to stealth mode. Borlas work well with the Coyotes they give it a growl and they're not raspy like the Corsas.